JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lite-On SK-7551 Keyboard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morphx2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Lite-On SK-7551 Keyboard Reply with quote

I talked to Lite-On and got them to send me an excel sheet with the IR signals for the buttons.

Is this what I need to program a JP1 remote?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2399

Do the colors mean anything?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That file has the code data for each button, but doesn't have the basic protocol info, so unless someone like Jon knows what protocol it uses, it still doesn't help. But once we get the protocol info, that should be enough info to create a complete upgrade for it.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can email Lite-On and ask. What should I ask for? The protocol for it?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphx2 wrote:
I can email Lite-On and ask. What should I ask for? The protocol for it?

Ask for whever info they have. Tell them that we are looking to be able to re-create the signal and would need all the relevant information, including the IR frequency, the logical ONE and ZERO burst pair times, the header burst pair time, the leadout time, etc.

Btw, which JP1 remote do you have? This would all be alot easier if you were to get yourself a learning remote, such as a URC-8811, then you could just learn the signals and we'd have all the info we need.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to buy a One for All in the store once I know that it is possible that it will work and probably buy a JP1 cable from you if you sell them seperatly without a remote Wink

Ok, I just emailed the guy. We will see what he says in reply to my email. I asked him everything you told me to ask Very Happy
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rob, is this what I need for signals to program in JP1? Reply with quote

Morphx2 wrote:
I talked to Lite-On and got them to send me an excel sheet with the IR signals for the buttons.

Is this what I need to program a JP1 remote?

It's enough, if you have a learning remote. The spreadsheet for the SK-7550-IR is very similar to a device upgrade for the Airboard posted in the files, but they only provide the two variable bytes for the make and break commands for each key. The second, a check byte, when XOR'd with the first, all equal 0xF8 (the same as the protocol for the device upgrade in the files).

There are a few keys that are an exception to that where the XOR of the break bytes for the function keys F1 through F12, PRNT SCRN, SCROLL Lock, and PAUSE are all 0x98. That could just be a mistake on their part since most of the airboard keyboards that we have seen all use the former relationship.

So it's close enough that I would just try the numerals in this device upgrade.

If that doesn't work, what is missing is the fixed byte and what the One/Zero definitions are. There seems to be some setting in the firmware of the Airboard keyboards that allows for several different variations. If you don't have a learning remote, then you may need to get more technical data.

Quote:
Do the colors mean anything?

It looks like they are the atypical keyboard keys like vol+/- etc.

BTW, please keep all the posting about the keyboard in this thread. I had to search all your posts to find out what model number Keyboard you had since there are several in that spreadsheet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphx2 wrote:
I was going to buy a One for All in the store once I know that it is possible that it will work and probably buy a JP1 cable from you if you sell them seperatly without a remote

This is a chicken & egg situation. You need to buy a JP1 learning remote in order to create the upgrade for this device, but you only want to buy the remote if you know the upgrade already exists. Tough situation for you.

I only sell cables with remotes, I do this as a convenience thing. There are other places where you can buy cables by themselves.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is almost a certainty that you can make the Lite-On keyboard work IF you get a learning remote. I have a derivative of the Airboard that is used with a network based media player called a Prisimiq. I decoded it with a 15-1994 and modified the protocol to work. People with Harmony's and Pronto's had trouble with certain commands that were easy to do with an OFA remote.

Having said that, remotes are not particularly good for use as keyboards and since you can't label the buttons functionality will be limited to how many keys you can rememeber and when you run out of memory on your remote. Keyboard commands used in macros to intiate certain things in conjunction with a program like Girder on a PC to control an HTPC or DVD/Media player work well.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up an 8810w, which is a clone of 8811, but for some reason, I can not get the remote to learn any of the keyboards.

I am following the directions in the manual. I tried hitting the keyboard button fast, tried holding it down, tried tapping it, nothing :-\

Maybe I am doing something wrong, it wont even learn my tv remote

Ok, I figured it out, had to read a posting from somewhere else so I got the TV remote to be learned. Keyboard learning is still no success
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I assume you have nothing programmed on your 8810, then do a 981 reset first. Hold down the set button until two flashes, thien 9-8-1 and you get two sets of double flashes. This resets the remote back to factory defaults.

To learn keyboards you need to do the 975, double flash, push and release a device (for example, pick TV), then press the key you want to teach, the led will start blinking rapidly then give the keyboard key a sharp tap and release immediately. When learned, it will give a double flash.

The OFA remote should be on a table, and probably an inch or two away from the keyboards IR emitter.

So you understand what's going on, there is an IR command that is sent when you press the key down (known as a "make" command) and a different command when you release the key (known as a break command). There is also a hold command. On some keyboards this is the same for every key. I believe the airboards repeat the make command.

The only way you learn the complete sequence is the sharp tap method.

If it still doesn't work, try changing batteries on both remotes.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wohoooo! It learned! The quick tap of the keyboard was the key Very Happy

So now that it works, is there a very high chance of using the JP1 method to totally program it?

Thanks a bunch to everyone so far too!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn as many keys as you can then post a copy of the IR file to the Diagnosis Area for us to look at.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! I just uploaded the IR device to the diagnosis area

Here is the link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/2116_wireless_keyboard_IR.txt

Basically I have the channel up and down button working, but some keystrokes wont learn correctly. Like the number zero.

I have power and volume to be the tv
peecee69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Any news? Reply with quote

I have an RS 15-2116 and a liteon (lite-on) 7551 keyboard. Almost every one of the codes shows up with this text:

"This signal contains a section that IR doesn't know how to analyze. Please save this data and post it in the diagnostics section of the jp1 group, and post a message indicating that you have done so."

So I'll do that. But in the meantime, I managed to learn one code (up key) that shows three sections and displays this in the top section (Sent once when key is pressed):

+20 -3006 +20 -131070 +20 -131070

Does this help with the problem of decoding this?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lite-on keyboard should work using the Airboard device upgrade here
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: