JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7544 - no JP1 pins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcbroughton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: URC-7544 - no JP1 pins Reply with quote

Just bought a one for all 7544 (one for all 4 - digital) as m old 7562 had given up the ghost.

Opened up the package and planned to upload my device files into the 7544 (everything I saw online said ythe 7544 would work)

Looked inside the battery compartment - only 6 holes, no JP1 pins. Opened up the case to have a look and it's highly simple inside - no EEPROM, not even a place where the U" could sit from what I can see.

Renders it practically useless to me, as the DVD I have has never been listed and I had to build the device codes from scratch on the 7562.

Anybody know what's the story with the 7544?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has 6-holes, it's definitely upgradeable, which means there's definitely a spot for the EEPROM, which should be labelled U2, so take a closer look. Once you find the U2 spot, keep an eye out for any vacant resistor or capacitor spots near it as those may need to be added too.

You might also want to look at repairing you 7562, what's wrong with it?
rcbroughton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected - the U2 slot is tucked away in the bottom left of the board. The C11 slot is also vacant, as are C4 and C5.

Reading thru some other posts, I'm assuming that I need a 24C16 EEPROM and a 0.1uF cap for C11 but I can safely ignore C4 and C5.

Do I need to do anythin with jumpers J1 and J2?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this remote so I don't know which parts need replacing. If the other threads that you found didn't mention C4 or C5, try leaving them vacant and see what happens.

As for J1 and J2? Is there anything in those spots now? In other words is there already a wire going across or are they also vacant?
hamiltonross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought this remote to replace my old 7541 and i love it. Ive not jumped into the whole JP1 scene yet but i came here for info when i couldn't get the remote working with panasonic freeview box.

I eventually sent my remote back to oneforall and they have upgraded it for free. Its come back with the JP1 pins and eeprom etc installed so i cant argue with the price!!

If you still got the remote for your DVD you might wanna check with oneforall if they do have the upgrade, you could get it loaded for free and get your JP1s etc done at same time?

It took about week for them to post back my remote. I had to provide proof of purchase to show remote was less than year old else it was £10 for an upgrade.

On a side note are there any UK places to buy JP1 cable?

Thanks

Ross
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamiltonross wrote:
On a side note are there any UK places to buy JP1 cable?

No, but both of the JP1 vendors ship to the UK with low postage rates.
mietde

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got myself a 7541 remote without the JP1 pins and EEPROM.

I am a noob when it comes to soldering but i am learning so please forgive me my beginner's questions.

I have put in an 24C16 but it doesn't work yet (hope it will sometime in the near future Rolling Eyes)

I have a 7541 with working JP1 so i can compare them but if you don't understand what you see....

Let me start with a picture of both remotes, on top the working JP1 on the bottom the project:

As you can see there is something missing just above the EEPROM, i believe this is C11 (a resistor?).

When i now try the JP1 interface it doesn't work but the "Sat" device button flashes.

What to do?
Although i try to do it all with caution i know i am able to fry the remote but since it's useless to me without the JP1 interface....
The EEPROM is possible fried but the connections seem to be ok.

ps; Sorry about the lighting difference, for instance the J1 looks the same on both remotes in real life.
I could make a new photo when needed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C11 is definitely needed, it's a 0.1 uF capacitor, the physical size is probably 815 or 615.

Just FYI, all the C?? parts are capacitors and the R??? parts are resistors. The U? parts are chips and the S?? references are for the remote's buttons.
mietde

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,
at first i had a a gap between the EEprom and a solderpad but after someone with better eyes had a look at it, it seems to work fine.
Pitty though that i got a lot of upgrade room but didn't get any macro space which was wat i could use.
Only 3 free for macro/keymoves compared to 1154 for the upgrades.
Damn hard to "fix" this.
A IR plugin to convert macro's/keymoves to a device upgrade would be nice Surprised Razz

Anyway, i now have 3 of those remotes and a dreamboxV2 and a 15-1994 with i think only 1K...shame the last one can't be upgraded.
Personnally i like the 7541 best, perhaps it's a bit to large but there is always something to complain about.
Thanks again, awesome features AND forum!!! 8)

Is it obvious that i am Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: