JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 6.00 Release Candidate 3 Now Available
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpauker
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: IR 6.00 Release Candidate 3 Now Available Reply with quote

I have just posted a new version of IR. This will become the final build unless additional bugs are found.

Please read the release notes for detailed information. Here are the highlights:

New File Format: Changing the key that a KeyMove is bound to will no longer cause notes to disappear. MultiMacros are now supported. (Existing .IR files can still be loaded.)

File Save: The program no longer saves to both .TXT and .IR formats simultaneously.

Additional Note Support: Notes are now supported in TimedMacros and FavLists.

Auto File-Association: If no application is associated with .IR files, the program will automatically create the association.

Enhanced Support for Special Protocol-Related Functions: A new Spcl Prot Fns tab has been added to the main form, and functions made available via special protocols will be listed there instead of in the Key Move page. (Requires RDF update which may not be available immediately.)

Support for 5-Digit EFCs: IR now supports EFCs that can encode 2-byte HexCmds.

EFC/HexCmd Translation: Clicking between the EFC and HexCmd radio buttons on the KeyMove dialog will cause IR to convert the values.

Enhanced AdvCode Formats: Remotes that store KeyMoves in the new "EFC" format are now properly supported. (Requires RDF entry.)

Enhanced EFC Calculator: The EFC calculator now supports 2-byte HexCmds and 5-digit EFCs.

Enabling/Disabling Key Moves and Spcl Prot Fns Tabs: The Key Moves and Spcl Prot Fns tabs can now be explicitly disabled within the RDF.

Two-Byte MultiMacro Support: A second address can now be specified in the MultiMacro section of the RDF.

Enhanced Summary Support: The summary screen now supports multi-line notes and wrapping at the column level.

Enhanced Integration with External Tools: ExtInstall and IRToWav can now be located in any directory, and they can be invoked from within IR without having to save first.

Enhanced Wav Export: .WAV files can now be generated for all memory sections independently (including the TimedMacro and Learned sections.) IR can also play sound files directly for remotes that are sound-upgradable.

Wav Import: IR can now import .WAV files created by IRToWav.

New Command-Line Parameters: The command-line parameters have been changed to be more in line with standard conventions.

Enhanced UI: The program now saves all window attributes for each resizeable window and remembers the column widths of all grids within the main form.

Suppression of Device Code Offsets: You can now disable IR’s automatic device code correction (used in conjunction with remotes such as the RCU-810 that display values that are different from the ones stored in memory).

The new version can be downloaded from:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/tools/IR600RC3.zip

Last edited by mpauker on Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

glad to hear from you again. You have done a great work, thanks.

Uwe
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will the RDF's be available. Can't check anything until then.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e34m5 wrote:
Can't check anything until then.

Add this section to the appropriate RDF and you should be good to go. Note that the actual protcol upgrades MUST be in the IR configuration to be active (i.e. the SP's aren't available if you do a File, New).

[SpecialProtocols]
LDKP=01F9
DSM=01FC
ToadTog=0181
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the RDF working...TX

Will check this and report...
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

I set up a new ToadTog using the new Special Protocol tab. It works great, and is SO much easier than before. Good job!
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm admittedly new at this and was wondering what to do to get this version working with the 6131 extender. When I download from the remote (working just fine) or open a saved file it complained that "the section terminator in the keymove section does not match the one specified in the RDF. It will be loaded but it may not save properly." It also seems to have truncated my keymoves at #21 out of 38 and macros at 13 out of 23. I added "SectionTerminator=$FF" and it stopped complaining but still skipped the same keymoves and macros. I added "AdvCodeFormat=EFC" also tried with HEX - no change. The RDF lists "AdvCodeAddr=$400..$781". Also added the "SpecialProtocols" section.

Do I need to wait for someone to build a new RDF for the 6131 extender or is there something simple that I can do to modify the existing RDF? Or do I have to start over with my keymoves and macros. Everythings working right now with 5.15 so I hate to mess around too much.
mpauker
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
When I download from the remote (working just fine) or open a saved file it complained that "the section terminator in the keymove section does not match the one specified in the RDF. It will be loaded but it may not save properly." It also seems to have truncated my keymoves at #21 out of 38 and macros at 13 out of 23.

The section terminator was added for new remotes. I'm pretty sure that the 6131 uses $00 (the default), so you shouldn't have to specify it. I also think (although I'm not sure) that while the 6131 is natively an EFC remote, the 6131 extender uses HEX format (also the default). In any case, you should not have to alter your RDF to maintain compatibility regarding these issues.

There are two main possibilities here. First, I may be parsing the section incorrectly. If that's the case then I'll need so see your .IR file to fix it. The other possibility is that one of your KeyMove or Macro entries uses KeyCode $FF (which is no longer allowed-- see below). Looking at the RDF, I see that this can happen if you bind something to SHIFT-X_Cancel. Have you done that?

Rob and I assumed that none of the RDFs allow the use of keycode $FF, so I added some code that explicitly disallows it. If IR encounters an $FF in the first byte of an entry in the KeyMove/Macro section, it will interpret that as being the end of the section (and warn you that you have the wrong section terminator if the terminator is not already set to $FF). Since the $FF is treated as a section terminator, the remaining entries will be ignored.

The reason why I did this is that it's the only way to effectively identify the situation where an RDF is missing the section terminator entry. Otherwise, an incorrect setting would most likely cause a cryptic error message and would be somewhat difficult to track down.

If this is the problem you're having, then I'm a bit torn regarding what to do. Obviously, you could change the keycode to something else, but I could also remove the $FF restriction (at the cost of potentially making it a bit harder on some of the RDF developers).

I guess we should take this one step at a time. The first issue is to determine the problem. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for a week in about an hour, so I won't be able to follow up until next weekend. Please let me know if the problem is caused by a $FF keycode. If so then perhaps people can chime in regarding whether or not this should be an allowable keycode.

-- Mark
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hit it on the head. I followed the suggestion in the 6131 extender documentation for my pause command.
Quote:
2) For a slightly longer delay, use an undefined key code. The actual amount
of delay will depend on the number of items in your KeyMove and Macro area.
For example, if you have no KeyMove or Macro for shift-X_Cancel, you could
use shift-X_Cancel as a delay.

3) For a long delay, use a KeyMove connected to the Pause protocol (TV/1104).
The hex command is the amount of delay from 01 (smallest) to FF. The delay
is in units of about 0.4 seconds.

And of course I used a keymove to "shift-X_Cancel" for my pause command.
A little touchup work on my keymoves and macros seems to have solved the problem. I used a different bound key on my 8810 extender and it seems to work OK in the new IR.

Thanks for the help
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with the notes associated with keymoves imported as part of a device upgrade from RM.

For example, the following upgrade for a URC-8810w w/ Extender 3:
Code:
Upgrade code 0 = 2c 6f (Tuner/1135) ONKYO TX-SR601 Receiver (RM v1.12)
 44 00 ee fe e9 00 00
 01 ce 00 0f 00 8f 00 4f 00 06 00 6f 00 2f 00 ef
 01 4d 01 e7 02 bf 02 3f 00 5f 02 ff 02 7f 02 3e
 03 bd 00 cc 02 de 01 dd 00 df 00 a6 03 3d 02 5e
 00 16 01 1d 02 be 01 35 01 64
KeyMoves
 83 f4 24 6f 00 df«DiscreteON»¦
 c3 f4 24 6f 01 1d«DiscreteOFF»¦
 24 f4 24 6f 01 d5«return»¦
 21 f4 24 6f 01 d4«audio adjust [eject]»¦
 18 f4 24 6f 01 55«display [+10]»¦
 22 f4 24 6f 00 45«sleep»¦
 25 f4 24 6f 00 56«dimmer»¦
 26 f4 24 6f 01 34«pure a»¦
 27 f4 24 6f 00 dd«direct»¦
 28 f4 24 6f 01 cd«stereo»¦
 2c f4 24 6f 01 b5«all st»¦
 2d f4 24 6f 00 65«sp A»¦
 2e f4 24 6f 00 a5«sp B»¦
 2f f4 24 6f 01 94«cine fltr»
End

Some of the notes get scrambled. The two first keymoves (Shift-Power and xShift-Power) end up with the notes from the 6th and 7th keymoves, respectively.

With this upgrade, also for URC-8810w w/ Extender 3:
Code:
Upgrade code 0 = 02 be (TV/0702) Samsung HLN-W1 Series DLP TV (RM v1.12)
 5a 13 7c fe fd 31 1f 1f
 1f 2f 0f b7 f7 bf 79 4b 59 a7 b9 e9 f9 07 e9 37
 7f 83 fb 0b 7b
KeyMoves
 9f f3 02 be 27«Antenna»¦
 95 f3 02 be 9e«Component 1»¦
 d5 f3 02 be de«Video 1»¦
 96 f3 02 be ee«Component 2»¦
 d6 f3 02 be e0«Video 2»¦
 97 f3 02 be e8«Component 3»¦
 d7 f3 02 be c8«Video 3»¦
 99 f3 02 be 5e«S-Video 1»¦
 9a f3 02 be 48«S-Video 2»¦
 9b f3 02 be 20«S-Video 3»¦
 9c f3 02 be ce«DVI»¦
 9d f3 02 be 69«PC»
End

The first two keymoves get the notes from the fifth and tenth keymoves. respectively.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
mpauker
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some old code was scrambling the notes index. I've just posted 6.00 RC3. Please verify that this corrects the problem.

-- Mark
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the special functions translation in this IR version. But the hex feedback doesn't seem to visible. Is there a hidden column someplace or do I need new glasses Question
mpauker
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
I really like the special functions translation in this IR version. But the hex feedback doesn't seem to visible. Is there a hidden column someplace or do I need new glasses Question

I'm not sure I follow you. Can you give me an example?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In previous IR, special functions were rough to read on the keymoves sheet, but included the HexCmd column which I find useful for lots of debugging. Now that special functions have been isolated, and translated so neatly in one place it’s very readable, yet I miss that hexCmd column.

I’m having trouble putting in a small screen shot Crying or Very sad , so here is the description of previous headings:
…Device button, Device type, Setup code, Hex Cmd, EFC, Notes.

Hex Cmd for a DSM protocol or ToadTog has a bunch of hex numbers such as
$69 $95 $03 or $88 96 or more in a cell… that’s the numbers I can’t now find.
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She wants to see the actual Hex values in addition to the actual english description.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: