JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A little help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogey776

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: A little help please Reply with quote

I have a new Mitsubishi 55" widescreen at home. I use a 6131M that I got from Rob to control all my A/V components and it will work on this TV with the 0150 code in the manual.

However, there are a couple of fxns I need to perform with the 6131M but I can't figure out how.

The other night, I went to Walmart and purchased an 8810 so I could learn the needed features from the stock mitsubishi remote. I have succeeded and have L1, L2, and L3 programmed and working fine. Now I would like to be able to use this data to program my 6131M.

I tried for a couple of hours the other night going back and forth between IR and KM, I eventually gave up and went to bed. If someone could just layout the steps I would appreciate it.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks
bogey776
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are trying to add these functions as keymoves, you may be running into problems because the non-extended 6131M uses a new format for keymoves that IR doesn't handle (yet). IF that is the case, here's what y ou need to do:

Instead of creating the keymoves using EFCs, you must create them using hex commands. The value for the hex commands is 00 XX, where XX is the hex representation of the EFC. So, if the EFC is 37, the hex command would be 00 25. If the EFC is 234, the hex command would be 00 EA.

Alternatively, you can use a device upgrade to accomplish the same thing.
You can try to create your own device upgrade for this, following the guide at JP1 - Just how easy is it?, or you can try one of the existing Mitsubishi WS device upgrades at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/TV/.
There isn't the an exact match to your model, but most manufacturers use the same IR commands from model to model, year after year.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
bogey776

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg,
I'll give that a try tonight and see if I can get it to work. I think I'll try one of the device upgrades from yahoo. It never occurred to me that I might be able to use one of the other mitsu ws upgrades. I should have known that, but it has been a while since my initial jp1 endeavor.

Thanks again,
bogey776
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: