JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does Anybody live near London,Ontario Canada?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Does Anybody live near London,Ontario Canada? Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand why my JP1 cable worked one week and not the next
'coz I liked to update my URC 8781 remote.Is it possible the IC went in my ultra JP1 cable also can I change it to a Plain JP1 cable?Thanks Darryl aka BigD

Last edited by BigDLondon on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to be a bit more specific. What exactly is (or isn't) happening? Have you tried with and without batteries?

If you have a saved copy of the current configuration, you can try resetting the remote to see if that helps.
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll I'm using IR 4.01 and I get the"No response from Interface.Make sure that the interface is connected to the PC.and that you've specifed the correct port."Like I said it worked last week and now I get that response.I've even tried IR 5.15 and the same thing.Also when I unplug the JP1 cable I have to reset the extender to get the macros to work.Thanks BigD P.S.English is my first language sorry about the early typos.

Last edited by BigDLondon on Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Anybody live near London,Ontario Canada? Reply with quote

BigDLondon wrote:
Is it possible to the IC went in my ultra cable also can I change it to a Plain JP1 cable?

I've tried re-reading this sentence several times and I just don't understand the English. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but if you could, could you try again and re-phrase the question?

BigDLondon wrote:
We'll I'm using IR 4.01 and ...

IR is already up to version 5.15, and we don't offer debugging support for old versions. I'm not saying the problem will go away when you use the current version, but you will have to at least try before we will help, as we don't want to spend time debugging problems that have already been solved.
pgk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BigDLondon wrote:
Is it possible to the IC went in my ultra cable also can I change it to a Plain JP1 cable?

I've tried re-reading this sentence several times and I just don't understand the English. I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but if you could, could you try again and re-phrase the question?

I think he's saying, is it possible that the chip used in the ultra cable has been damaged, if so is it possible (easy) to convert the cable from an Ultra cable to the Simple cable.
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Hovis whom I purchased the JP1 cable from is going to have a look at the cable for me.Thanks for your responses.Darryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: