JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for Code: Yamaha HTR-5760 Receiver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Looking for Code: Yamaha HTR-5760 Receiver Reply with quote

I looked on the JP1 yahoo group and searched here, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone have codes for this remote? I plan on putting them in my URC9800. Thanks in advance.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the code search FAQ (linked in my sig)?

I don't think so because you didn't include all the requested information.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
JustinG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I plan on putting them in my URC9800.

Hmm I sorta supplied the info but here ya go

1) Do you have a LEARNING JP1 remote? Yep. The URC 9800 Home Producer
2) Do you still have an original working remote for the device in question? Yep. Brand new.

I guess I could learn every button code and pull that down into RM. That would be time consuming but if no one has the remote codes already, then I could attempt to do it.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three files here for models that are very close. All can be opened by RM.

Yamaha HTR-5650-5640 HTR Receiver.txt
Yamaha HTR-5550-54x0 Receiver_V1.0.txt
Yamaha HTR-5550 Receiver.txt
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinG wrote:
I guess I could learn every button code...

If you couldn't find an existing upgrade file, that would be about your only choice. The files Jon listed seem like good candidates.

Quote:
That would be time consuming...

Not as much as you think. In the hour between your 2 posts here, you could have learned, decoded, and built an upgrade (unless there were some unusual circumstances where the signals didn't decode).
JustinG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"unless there were some unusual circumstances where the signals didn't decode"

Like Ive never JP1 oned before?? I've been reading here and on the yahoo groups for months now and Ive finally gotten to the point where I have to JP1. Ive got too many new components not to.

I saw the codes listed above. Maybe enough of the codes are the same that i can use those then learn/decode/import into the new map. But, those receivers look a couple of years old. Worth a try.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinG wrote:
Like Ive never JP1 oned before??
That's how it looks to us. You've only had 3 posts, and you joined on 9/13/2004. Your very first post was the one we see all the time from beginners who don't bother to read the docs.

Those who have been around for a while know the fastest ways to get support for a device are:
1. Check the Files sections for upgrades for devices similar to yours. Many manufacturers use the same IR signals for different models, year after year. IF there is more than file that might be close, and the first one doesn't work, try another.
2. If you can't find one, and you have a learning remote, make your own and upload for others who come later can use it. It isn't hard and doesn't take long.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinG wrote:
I saw the codes listed above. Maybe enough of the codes are the same that i can use those then learn/decode/import into the new map. But, those receivers look a couple of years old. Worth a try.

Uh, Justin, most manufacturer's use the same IR codes on all equipment of the same kind. Loose the attitude, and we'll be glad to help! All my equipment already works. You are trying to get yours to work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinG wrote:
I plan on putting them in my URC9800 {snip} I guess I could learn every button code ...

Unless you've done the hardware mod to your URC-9800 that allows you to read the 2nd EEPROM chip where the learned signals are stored, you won' t be able to use your URC-9800 to capture and decode signals.
JustinG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoah guys. First of all, though it says I joined today, I had an account with another email that I lost the info for. Second, I'm not the one with the attitude. That started with the first reply here.

I have read the docs and lots of them. I ordered my cable from Hovis, who you guys advertise. I figure I would support the community if I was going to post here.

I was hoping someone has been working on this device but has yet to post a codelist.

And yes, I've checked the files sections and read the readmes. Like I said, ive been lurking for months. I just loaded up the dish 501 pvr and the liteon lvd2001 without a hitch. So, don't judge a book by its cover.

With that said, if I did something wrong, I apologize. But new members to the site aren't always stupid either.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,
Do me a favor, spend a few minutes browsing the Code Search forum. Open up several threads in a row and tell me if start to see a pattern. You will probably notice that they all pretty much go something like this...

Some Newbie wrote:
Hi, does anyone have the code for a {fill in the blank}? Thanks.

This will usually be followed by a post from one of the regulars asking them to read the "#1 FAQ" thread that is a sticky at the top of this forum. The point being that almost NOBODY does read it, therefore they all post stupid posts like the one I just made up, where they don't supply the information for us to properly help them.

The only reason this forum works is because of the efforts of a few dedicated experts who come back here day after day trying to help people like you. Like Jon said, we've already got our remotes programmed, so we're just here to help you program yours.

Favor #2. Click on the "Members" link at the top of this page, then sort the data by "Top Ten Posters" in descending order. Do you see the three people who've tried helping you so far on that list? Yup, you'll see all three of them, four if you include me.

So, try and work with us here and you'll find the JP1 experience very rewarding, try to fight us and you'll get nowhere fast.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Newbie wrote:
Hi, does anyone have the code for a {fill in the blank}? Thanks.
Yes. It's 42. Now go read the #1 Code Search FAQ! Laughing
jetstar52

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

42, eh? Does the "_d_p" in your name stand for Deep Thought?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Zaphod when we need him?
JustinG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, try and work with us here and you'll find the JP1 experience very rewarding, try to fight us and you'll get nowhere fast.

Why would fighting you get me anywhere? Look, I've moderated many forums in my time on the interweb and I've shared your plight with the repeated thread creation. So I feel your pain. I can understand the reactions of some of the posts in the thread I also believe some of you jumped to a conclusion. Postcount doth not maketh the poster. Smile

Anywho, I'll take the older yammy codes and make something work and send to the group files. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: