JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Perfect 6131 Code for Hughes HDVR2??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenkudaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Perfect 6131 Code for Hughes HDVR2?? Reply with quote

I have a new One for All 6131. I've noticed that it doesn't bring up the Program Guide for my Hughes HDVR2 when pressing the Guide button. Has anyone made a perfect HDVR2 code for the 6131?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hughes HDVR2 is known over hare as a "Tivo", so you can use any of the Tivo upgrade files that are in the file section, then re-arrange the buttons to suit your personal taste.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be using code VCR/0618 or SAT/1142

When I set one up I discovered the following about PVR mode:

The Info button isn't assigned an function. I assigned it the Display function (EFC=123).

The PVR Menu and Menu buttons have the same function. I assigned the PVR Menu button to be the List function (EFC=166).

I had to change the function of the Guide button from Live TV/Guide (EFC=121) to Guide (EFC=150)

This is because the TiVo tries to figure out whether you have a button with separate Live TV and Guide buttons or a combined Live TV/Guide button. One way it can tell is if it get a "List" code, or a Guide code.

The HDVR2 remote has separate buttons, but the URC6131 has a combined button. Once the TiVo sees a function that is unique to remotes with separate Live TV and Guide buttons, it treats the Live TV/Guide code as Live TV only. The List function and the Guide function are 2 functions that are unique to these remotes.

Using the Guide code instead of the LiveTV/Guide code solves this issue.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Kenkudaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't make any sense to me... how do I assign codes to buttons? I'm new to this, and am waiting for my EEPROM to mod my remote. I just want the guide button to work.... lol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, you posted your question in a JP1 forum, so naturally everyone who responded assumed you were a JP1 user. It might have been a good idea to mention that you are not yet using JP1.

At any rate, the process for assigning advanced codes (ie, EFCs) with the URC-6131 is exactly the same as with all other non-LCD remotes. You might the following page helpful...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/advanced.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: