JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ultra cable not working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdog38

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Ultra cable not working. Reply with quote

I purchased the Ultra cable kit from filebug and after assembling the cable I haven't been able to connect successfully to the remote. I'm pretty sure my connections are good and validated the cable continuity. The printer address is correct and I've tried with all combinations of batteries and with two different remotes (15-2116 and OFA7800). I've also tried connecting to both my Dell Dimension PC and IBM ThinkPad. Is there a sure way to validate the cable is good? I keep getting the "no response from interface" no matter which way I plug in the cable or which PC I try it on. Any ideas would be appreciated.
kdog38

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just and update. In looking at the IC for the ultra cable I see it is a M74HC03B1 from ST Electronics. Is this a equivalent to the LM339? The only reference I could find to the M74HC03 series says it is a quad 2-input open drain NAND gate. Anyone know?
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Mouser sent me a pack of the wrong IC's. A new kit is on it's way. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: