JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device toggler/multiplexor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Device toggler/multiplexor Reply with quote

I've seen several suggestions, etc. for using Device toggler or multiplexor for in the special protocols spreadsheet.

I did examine the device toggler, but the documentation is a bit fuzzy for me to comprehend parts. The part I do understand is that the spreadsheet generates both a device and protocol upgrade. If the device in question requires one, then you may also require a KM/RM type upgrade as well.

I guess that that device and protocol upgrade generated is for toggling just one device key/mode. The fuzzy part is IF you can have a device toggler on more than one device mode, ie aux AND cable. Will that also require both the device and protocol upgrade generated by a NEW special protocols spreadsheet use, or will it just require the device upgrade part and SHARE the protocol already made?

OR is the rule, you can only use a device toggler on just ONE device mode/key?

I assume also that multiplexor allows toggling thru several devices on the same device key. Is there a finite limit as to how many? Second: can you multiplex on more than one device key? If so, then some of the questions asked about toggler would apply to multi-plexor as well.

Jim
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Device toggler/multiplexor Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
I guess that that device and protocol upgrade generated is for toggling just one device key/mode. The fuzzy part is IF you can have a device toggler on more than one device mode, ie aux AND cable. Will that also require both the device and protocol upgrade generated by a NEW special protocols spreadsheet use, or will it just require the device upgrade part and SHARE the protocol already made?

You need only one pair of device & protocol upgrades, and what you put in the key move decides what device mode it switches to. (Two pairs if you want both the Multiplexor and the Toggler, but perhaps you wouldn't.)

jamesgammel wrote:

I assume also that multiplexor allows toggling thru several devices on the same device key. Is there a finite limit as to how many? Second: can you multiplex on more than one device key? If so, then some of the questions asked about toggler would apply to multi-plexor as well.

You can create as many as you want until you run out of the key move area.

Hal
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Device toggler/multiplexor Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
can you multiplex on more than one device key? If so, then some of the questions asked about toggler would apply to multi-plexor as well.

Both the toggler and the multi-plexor change the setup code of whatever device key was last selected as the current device (note the recent thread about the problem using them in extenders where the definition of "current device" is different).

Since it affects the current device you can multiplex each device key with a KeyMove in that device mode, all using the same protocol and device upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: