JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I use Long/Double keypress with URC-7560 / 7562 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkeith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I going to try recording the output from my sky+ remote and assigning that to a key to see if it makes a difference. I am also considering swapping the special eye on to my HD box and using it to pass the HD signal through to the HD box, while covering up/disabling the IR reader on the front. This will mean that it doesn't need to do any translation, so the repeat problem may go away, and as the eye will ignore the SKY+ signal the HD box won't receive that.

Thanks for all your help

WKeith
wkeith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucess at last!

By learning the output for yellow, record, green and stop onto shifted keys, then using phantom keys 01,02,03,04 I got it to work, although for a while only three worked. Couldn't work out why, then remembered jimdunn saying "Make sure you're using the right hex codes - they are different in the different variants of the remote. -this is easy to get wrong..." in the thread so I checked all the phantoms I was using and discovered that while phantom 1 was hex 31, phantom 2 hex 32 and phantom 3 hex 33, phantom 4 is hex 35!

For information : -
Phantom Hex
__1___ _31
__2___ _32
__3___ _33
__4___ _35
__5___ _36
__6___ _37
__7___ _38
__8___ _39
__9___ _3A
__10__ _3B
__11__ _3C
__12__ _3D
__13__ _3E
__14__ _3F

BTW 34 is Shift Left!

Thanks for all the help - my 7562 is now set up perfectly for my configuration and has a little room left in case I need to do any more tweaking.

Cheers
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how these things work...

I use a lot of LKPs in my remote setups (15 LKPs over 6 devices), because they have a very high WAF here (and I like them too)

I reached the point where they were eating up A LOT of keymove memory, because each one needs so many keymoves/macros.

So here I was, browsing through old threads, when I realised that wkeith had given me a memory saving solution -
you can learn the targets of an LKP instead of keymoving them...

I could replace most of the keymoves by learning - thus freeing up precious keymove space, and only sacrificing unimportant learning space.

So I did - and after half an hour reconfiguring I now have 48 free in keymoves instead of 4.

And all I had to sacrifice was a bit of unimportant learning space...

edit: I know - extenders - but there isn't one for the 7562 B01 - and I'm kinda proud of my unextended setup anyway......
wkeith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Sky boxes - Devices and Sub Devices Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
One is a Sky and the other is a Sky+ (built-in DVR), but those numbers don't make sense and that's not what I see when I look at the file. In the RC-6 protocol for Sky boxes, there have been only two combinations:

Sky M=6, Device=0, Subdevice=0
Sky+ M=6, Device=0, Subdevice=12

So the device numbers in both upgrades should be 0.

You have M and Subdevice set correctly, but Device=5 for the Sky+ is wrong and should be 0 (unless there's a new variant of the Sky+ box out there, but that code has been valid for all three makes (Thomson, Pace, and Amstrad)of Sky+ boxes for quite some time.

I have been experimenting with my set up, and have discovered that the sub device corresponds with modes on SKY controllers - I have had success with Subdevice 13, 14, and 15 as modes 1,2,and 3.

I also think device=5 is to do with SHY HD. Once I have my set up working to my satisfaction and I have unambiguous info I will post it, and upload upgrade files.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: