JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer PRO-920/1120HD Plasma TV - Prefix Command 213?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peebee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Pioneer PRO-920/1120HD Plasma TV - Prefix Command 213? Reply with quote

This is a very low priority question, mostly just curious.

1. Device: PRO-920/1120HD
2. Type of device: Plasma TV
3. Year: ~2005
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OARUSB04G with Extender v1.04
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? OAR cable
6. Still have original remote? yes - haven't tried it in years, maybe it works?
7. Checked the file section? yes - no existing upgrade seemed to work, they mostly seemed to use devices 165 and/or 91; my TV primarily uses device 170.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes, see R/C file pio-tv-pro1120hd.zip, but I've not done anything with this.
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, I really already have everything I need working just fine...
10. Learning remote question? See below.
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? See below.
12. If you have a Nevo (or similar) remote, have you tried ez-rc.com or simpleset.com? See below.

I found the IR codes for this TV at the Pioneer site here: 263644176PRO920_1120HD_IR.pdf and created a Google Drive spreadsheet version of that list to convert the OBCs from Hex to Decimal here.

The stock 0679 Simpleset setup was already working well at a basic level, so I took that, renamed it to 1679, and added every function from the Pioneer list. The resulting RMIR file is one of 2 zipped files uploaded in Diagnostics as OARUSB04G Pioneer 1120 - 213 Prefixes Question.zip. This is all working very well, providing every single function I would ever want for the TV.

I am having one very minor problem with this though - 4 of the functions use a prefix of 170-213. 170-213 is not an option in RMIR though; its pulldown lists only 211, 212 and 255 as options. Those 4 213-prefix functions are in the RMIR file, but entered with an incorrect 211 or 212 prefix, not working, and all tagged in the functions notes as "Error - prefix 213 per Pioneer".

So, how do I deal with the 213 prefixes?

Of the 4 213-prefix functions listed by Pioneer, 3 of those are for PIP (which I never use); the 4th is for Input i.Link (I have no idea what i.Link is and have no plans to use that either). So this is really a very low-priority question, it makes no real difference to me if this is ever answered or solved, I'm asking it more out of curiosity than anything else. Although, it would be nice to get all functions working prior to posting this upgrade to hifi-remote for posterity.

I did try learning the Input i.Link function a few times:
- the first time, it worked with the TV, but RMIR threw an error saying it hadn't learned correctly
- the second time, it did not work with the TV; RMIR had no issue with it though, although strangely indicated that the learned signal used a G.I. Cable protocol rather than a Pioneer Protocol. I've posted that learned signal as the other RMIR file in the Diagnostics zip OARUSB04G Pioneer 1120 - 213 Prefixes Question.zip.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open your 1679 upgrade, and look at the Protocol Notes. They say:
Code:
For double-style signals, the prefix device number must be entered in Device 0. Prefix OBCs may be selected from devOBC1 through devOBC4
The main device number may be selected from devOBC1, devOBC2, devOBC3, devOBC4, or DevP2
So, replace the 255 in devOBC3 with 213.

So how can we make these notes better? Well, first I have a question: Did you read the notes? If so, what would make the notes more understandable?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the learns, the GI Cable decode corresponds to a well formed signal for a Motorola cable box, button "2". Since the learned signal was aught to button "2" on device TV, I guess iLink is trying to talk to a Motorola cable box, perhaps as part of a macro. If this learn had come from a typical cable remote, that would be a strong indicator that the channel lock feature was on--most cable remotes are setup to send digits and CH+/CH- to the cable box rather than the TV.
peebee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Open your 1679 upgrade, and look at the Protocol Notes. They say:
Code:
For double-style signals, the prefix device number must be entered in Device 0. Prefix OBCs may be selected from devOBC1 through devOBC4
The main device number may be selected from devOBC1, devOBC2, devOBC3, devOBC4, or DevP2
So, replace the 255 in devOBC3 with 213.

So how can we make these notes better? Well, first I have a question: Did you read the notes? If so, what would make the notes more understandable?

Well that worked; I've just posted the 100% functional upgrade here.

I did the read notes... they really meant nothing to me at the time. Once you pointed that out above, it made sense and was easy. I don't have any advice for you on improving the notes Sad But thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: