JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macros on device keys - Cinema 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Macros on device keys - Cinema 7 Reply with quote

Hi, newbie here. Just beginning to play with JP1 and IR.

When I go into IR for my URC-7800 (Cinema 7), I get the impression I can assign macros to the device keys. Since my TV has different inputs for my components, I wanted to do this. When I am building the macro for the DVD device key, I put in ;

TV;1L(my tv's dvd input);DVD

But when I go to use it, it looks like the device key does the same thing the unmodified remote does, just selecting the device.

Can you use macros on the device keys on the 7800, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an "extender" to put macros on device keys on a 7800.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CAN use shifted-device keys for macros. So you might get everything working first using the shifted device keys and then go with the extender.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: How to make extender work? Reply with quote

OK, so help me with this extender stuff.

I've done no fancy programming or done anything with EFCs or OBCs and the like. I just wanted to backup my configuration so I can recall it into other cinema 7s I have.

My remote is like most new commers. Lots of learned keys, and several key moves.

I've read the READ.ME file from the 7800ex2.Zip, and it seems pretty difficult for me to load my configuration into it, so I would like a little newbie help.

First question, how do I get the extender to load up into IR? If I recall, when I did my first download from my remote. it selected the normal 7800/6800 RDF file.

Next, what is the EASIEST way to get my configuration into this copy of IR? I have saved my current configuration so I can restore it if need be.
Any basic help in this extender world!

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're as green as you describe, i would suggest trying to walk before you try to run. If you still have learned signals in the memory, your first task should be to figure out how to create new upgrades for those devices so you won't need the learned signals anymore. You'll need to get rid of all your learned signals before you can try an extender anyway, so it's a useful exercise.

In the meantime, you can assign those macros you mentioned to the shifted device keys, which IMHO is a better idea anyway.
aclinml

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I would like to go ahead and try this extender stuff. I really don't want to have to setup macros on 'shifted' device keys, because I trying to eliminate keystrokes.

A few questions about the 7800ex extender.

I think I understand that learning functions are not included in the extender. So I assume I need to take my 6 - 10 different learned keys and convert them to keymoves. Since the learned info captures the EFCs I should be able to do this OK. Does this mean that anytime I want to learn a new key from something, I need to reload my 'UNextend' configuration and learn to get the EFC to put in the extended configuration?

When I tried to open the 7800ex configuration file in IR, I got the following message;

"The RDF file is not in sync with this version of the program. Please copy all RDF files along with the executable program when installing a new version".

My version of IR I am running is 4.01 and Decoder IR 2.05. When I go to open it a second time, it brings back the configuration fine. Is this a problem?

I've heard there is a way to modify what is being sent by the remote depending on whether you 'single' press a key or you 'hold it down'. Can you explain how to configure this?

Thanks for your help,
MIke
e34m5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of the extender capabilities there are so called Special Protocols. One of these is LKP/DKP (Long Key Press/Double Key Press).

Using this SP ( by creating a keymove with the necesssary steps) one can create a macro that will perform certain functions when the key is pressed short vs held down.

Two thing you can do right now are:

1 - Read the info about the LKP/DKP and
2 - There is a BETA version of IR that will assist in creating these special protocols

The BETA version is available for download HERE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: