JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mediasonic HOMEWORX HW180STB Digital Converter Box
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Mediasonic HOMEWORX HW180STB Digital Converter Box Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any code for this device that can be used with an RCRP05BR?

Thanks for any help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a cable? Or do you need to do this with EFC's. We have two homework 180 upgrades in the file section.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49
clei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Do you have a cable? Or do you need to do this with EFC's. We have two homework 180 upgrades in the file section.

I'll need to do it with EFC's. I have the new model HOMEWORX HW180STB which can record shows.

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clei wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I'll need to do it with EFC's. I have the new model HOMEWORX HW180STB which can record shows.

Thanks
Why did you completely ignore Rob's post?

In any case, it is impossible to do with EFCs if you have a pre-2015 box, otherwise it's easy. With an older box, you need a cable, a different remote, or simply learn from the original.

Is yours 2015 or newer?
clei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
clei wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Thanks
Why did you completely ignore Rob's post?

In any case, it is impossible to do with EFCs if you have a pre-2015 box, otherwise it's easy. With an older box, you need a cable, a different remote, or simply learn from the original.

Is yours 2015 or newer?

Completely ignore Rob's post? Sorry, but I didn't think it really applied since I mentioned I was trying to use a RCA RCRP05BR with a HOMEWORX HW180STB, both of which seem to be known devices here. I got the distinct impression that Rob's post was refering to what to do if one was dealing with one or more *UNKNOWN* devices.

Sorry if I got the wrong impression.

Anyway my HOMEWORX HW180STB is 2015 or newer, shipping with the 10.1 firmware.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people ask for codes or upgrades, we usually end up playing a game of 20 questions before we finally extract the information necessary for us to help the person, so after having done this for many years (since 2000) we came up with a list of 12 standard questions that we want people to answer. I thought the post was fairly clear on that, but as you missed the point of it, maybe you can suggest ways that we could make it more clear.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To expound a little on what Rob said, all of these questions guide us to the correct solution, which could involve learning, a JP1 cable, etc., depending on your answers. The answer to your original question is "yes" right off the bat. But to determine if any such codes are usable to you depends entirely on the answers you would have provided on the form. No shortcuts.

We have no problem helping people who try to help themselves. But we're not keen on having very little information to start and having to do all the leg work.

So now, install Remote Master, open the 2015 Homeworx upgrade from our file section, and you'll have all the EFCs. Use them with CBL setup code 00303 among many others.

If you have trouble with that, we can post the EFCs.
clei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
When people ask for codes or upgrades, we usually end up playing a game of 20 questions before we finally extract the information necessary for us to help the person, so after having done this for many years (since 2000) we came up with a list of 12 standard questions that we want people to answer. I thought the post was fairly clear on that, but as you missed the point of it, maybe you can suggest ways that we could make it more clear.

The only thing I can think of is to make it clear on the page in question that this step is required for all devices, no matter if the device(s) in question has been already identified as known working device(s) prior to this step.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clei wrote:
The only thing I can think of is to make it clear on the page in question that this step is required for all devices, no matter if the device(s) in question has been already identified as known working device(s) prior to this step.

So then I am confused, below is your original request. This looks like every other code request that we used to receive before implementing the template rule. Where do you say that you already have a working device upgrade, and if you already have one, what are you looking for here?

clei wrote:

Thanks for any help.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clei, you gave us 2 of the answers we needed in your original post. We had to ask for two more answers that were included in the template. The model year and did you have a cable. We could have answered this with one response had you used the template.

The template gives us an easy to read check list. It is helpful to get the information in that template form because it is complete and easy to read. Sometimes we get verbose answers that make it really hard to read. Other times we dont get enough information and have to ask more and more questions.

I could have sworn this was originally posted in the jp1-beginners forum. Had I realized we were in the code search forum, my response should have been use the template. Oh well

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I could have sworn this was originally posted in the jp1-beginners forum. Had I realized we were in the code search forum, my response should have been use the template. Oh well

It was, I moved it.
clei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
clei wrote:

So then I am confused, below is your original request. This looks like every other code request that we used to receive before implementing the template rule. Where do you say that you already have a working device upgrade, and if you already have one, what are you looking for here?

clei wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Ok. Doing a google search using RCRP05BR,HOMEWORX HW180STB, in various combinations as keywords will pretty much get you nothing in regards as to if the RCRP05BR is in fact compatible with the codes used by the HW180STB remote outside of the statement the logictech harmony remote is compatible with it,blah,blah,blah.

Not really surprising, but I figured that I would ask around the the various sites if anyone actually knew if in fact people where actually using the RCRP05BR with the HW180STB since both have been around for a number years even though nothing was showing up in the Google searches I was doing to indicate this, not even on the various HW180STB forums where again the only thing that was mentioned was the logictech harmony.

So I posted the question here and saw Vicky's response and quite frankly thought that okay, there was no need to do a redundant posting of information you guys already had on the devices.

I think Vicky is right, the problem came when the post was moved because I think she understood the question I was asking in the original post when she responded to it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted a code search request in the wrong forum, so I moved it for you (leaving a forwarding link in the old forum) and I posted a link to the template hoping that you would take the hint and use it. I think the template post is quite clear, but you chose to ignore it again.

If you're not the kind of person who's willing to follow the guidelines of this forum, maybe this isn't the right place for you.
clei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You posted a code search request in the wrong forum, so I moved it for you (leaving a forwarding link in the old forum) and I posted a link to the template hoping that you would take the hint and use it. I think the template post is quite clear, but you chose to ignore it again.

If you're not the kind of person who's willing to follow the guidelines of this forum, maybe this isn't the right place for you.

It didn't become a code search request until you moved the post without understanding what was being asked.

All I asked was if anyone knew if the two devices were compatible with each other, which is basically a yes,no or I don't know answer.

Not the same thing as a code search request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: