JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unable to read the signature of the remote in RMIR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Unable to read the signature of the remote in RMIR Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My configuration:
Windows 7 pro x64
JDK1.8.0.77

My remote control
OFA URC6820

My JP1 cable
JP1.2/1.3 (FLASH) USB Cable for Universal Remotes (FTDI Chip) bought on diygadget.

RemoteMaster.v2.03build14

USB/serial drivers: FTDI Version 2.12.16.0 dated 09/03/2016

After setting the proper COM port in RMIR (Remote\Interface\JP1.X Serial...\ComX) I'm trying to download from my remote and I'm facing the following error:

"Error downloading from remote.
This may well be the result of a bug in the RMIR software.
........"

I'm trying to perform a "raw download" (after exiting the program first) as I'm told in the message, but this time I'm facing the following message:

"Unable to read the signature of the remote. Download terminating. Make sure you have the latest driver installed for your interface cable."

And as mentioned above I have the latest drivers for my JP1 cable.

Below is an extract of the rmaster.err file:

libraryFolder=C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_77' from 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_77' running on 'Windows 7' (amd64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp12serial' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp12serial.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'jp12serial' successfully from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp12serial.dll'
JP12Serial version 0.20
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_77' from 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_77' running on 'Windows 7' (amd64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'hidapi' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\hidapi.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'hidapi' successfully from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\hidapi.dll'
CommHID version 0.4
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp1usb.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1usb' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp1usb.dll'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;.'
Unable to create JP1USB object: no jp1usb in java.library.path
JPS version 0.1
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp1parallel.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1parallel' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\jp1parallel.dll'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;.'
Unable to create JP1Parallel object: no jp1parallel in java.library.path
DecodeIR: Looking in 'C:\RemoteMaster'.
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\DecodeIR.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'DecodeIR' successfully from 'C:\RemoteMaster\Windows-amd64\DecodeIR.dll'
Starting raw download
Interface Name = JP1.X Serial
Port Name = COM6
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Interface matched. Trying to open remote.
Port Name = COM6
Opened on Port COM6
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $FFFF
Interface type = 1
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered

I don't know where to look and what to look for to solve this issue.

Thank you all for your help.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think our software supports that model yet.
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In the RDF folder, the remote is listed:

1A631A63 (URC-6820_8820_10820 EXT A).rdf

I chose this remote as it was listed in the following documentation:

How to Create Custom Remote Controls and use them on your Slingbox
Written by: Al Richey

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems One-For-All is recycling some old remote model numbers. That RDF is for a very old model remote. I presume yours is the new version, which we do not yet support. Alan's page is referring to the old model. I didn't even know that new model existed until your post. In any case, sorry for the confusion. I'll let Alan know.

I'm not saying we can't support it in the future. It will just take some time and effort to get there.

Does yours look like this (old version):

or like this (new version):
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes you are right, I own the new version.

Ok, so, as I've already waited for too long to receive both the remote and the jp1.2/1.3 cable, I need to know what is the most compatible remote with RMIR and JP1.2/1.3 compatible. I don't care the design or the number of buttons.
My main purpose is to replicate the IR code from one remote and to generate the appropriate file to be readable by the slingbox interface.
I don't need to have multiple devices managed by this remote (one is enough)
I need this for work not for personal use.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can wait for delivery from China, the cheapest option is to buy a Nevo C2, as it comes with its own USB cable and is therefore "ready to go". You can get them on ebay for under $16 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322044831124
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Rob's recommendation. Furthermore, you could return the DIY cable which cost twice as much as the Nevo remote including its own cable.

As for something you could get locally today, find the cheapest one-for-all and post a link here so we can confirm if it's compatible or not.

Lastly, we can usually come up with a slingbox file for you without you having to learn anything from the original remote. What make/model is the device you need to control?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already seen this problem The results tromperie posted shows that the remote doesn't follow the behavior or other Jp1.4/2/3 remotes. I've been working with him to see if we can figure out how to communicate with the remote, but we don't have success yet.
Quote:
I need this for work not for personal use.
Given that, I recommend that you simply buy a URC-6440 or URC-6430. These don't need the FTDI cable at all, and they are available on the east side of the Atlantic. Or if you really want to use the diy cable and can find a Essence 3 or 4 (URC-7130 or 7240), that will also work. But the URC-6440 takes out any risk of the diy cable not working correctly.

Last edited by 3FG on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I recommend that you simply buy a URC-6440 or URC-6430.

Bear in mind, if deciding between these two remotes, that the 4-device URC-6440 has a highly featured extender available (which, among other things, extends it to a 12-device remote) but the 3-device URC-6430 does not have an extender.
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your very appreciated help and advice.

To Rob, 3FG and Graham, thank you for the advice about the different remote models to choose from.
But still a doubt, If I go for the URC-6440 as I can acquire it faster than the Nevo C2, how can I connect it to RMIR if it doesn't need the FTDI cable?
Sorry for the "silly" question, but I don't want to buy the wrong remote once more and not to be able to retrieve the codes to generate the needed slingbox file.

Regarding this point, thank you mdavej for your interest and help.
The make/model of the device I need to control is Arcadyan HMB4213H.
I've already tried the Arcadyan HMB2260 file found on the forum but it did not work. That is why I went through the process described in Alan's documentation to create my own file. I'm a tech guy and I'm ready to get my hands durty and I'm ready to learn the whole process as I may need to generate other slingbox files for other future equipment.
I may also be able to share my files on this forum if I'm succeeding in having the remote files working in the slingbox interface as hoped.

Here is the link about the current remote I need to retrieve the codes from:
http://www.clubic.com/connexion-internet/fai-bouygues-bbox/actualite-760515-bbox-miami-voice-telecommande-reco-vocale.html

Thank you all again for your precious help.

Best regards.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slingboxIR wrote:
But still a doubt, If I go for the URC-6440 as I can acquire it faster than the Nevo C2, how can I connect it to RMIR if it doesn't need the FTDI cable?

Both the URC-6440 and the Nevo C2 connect to RMIR with a standard USB cable. The URC-6440 has a micro-USB connector. The Nevo C2, being an older design, has the slightly larger mini-USB connector. Both remotes come with an appropriate USB cable but there is nothing special about the cables, any USB cable with the appropriate connector can be used.
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again Graham,

I've ordered the URC-6440.

Will keep you posted to let you know if everything goes as expected to create the proper file for the slingbox interface with this new remote.

Thank you.

Best regards.
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your help.

I've received the new remote OFA URC-6440 and was able to generate the slingbox bin file.

I don't know how to upload it to the forum to share it, but let me know and I would gladly post it.

Thank you again.

Best regards.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slingboxIR wrote:
I don't know how to upload it to the forum to share it, but let me know and I would gladly post it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17302
slingboxIR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the link.

I've posted the file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14030

Thank you again all of you for your help.

Best regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: