JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying to configure a custom remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Trying to configure a custom remote Reply with quote

I have a Slingbox HD Pro, and in the past I successfully configured one of the inputs as a Spiderbox sat receiver. This has now been replaced by a VU+Duo2 and I was pleased to sss that a custom remote file has been created for this device. However, when go to setup.slingbox.com to try and configure this remote, when I press "Get started" I always get the error "We're sorry, but your web browser, operating system, or the combination of both is not currently supported by the Slingplayer plug-in. Please use a different browser or click here for more information." I have tried Chrome, IE and Firefox from PCs running Win7,8.1 and 10 - and always the same result.

thanks in advance for any help
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, wrong forum. This forum is dedicated to discussing Custom Remotes, not general problems with the Slingbox. There is no expertise here on Slingplayers and browsers.

You need to post this question in the Slingbox support forum.

Al
kenny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take your point Alan, but in the past I haven't found Sling support to be very helpful and I thought my dilemma might strike a chord with someone else. Anyway, the good news is that after extensive unsuccessful attempts with various Win OSs and different browsers, I finally struck lucky with Firefox, which at first claimed the sling plugin was corrupt, but I finally got it installed and was able to install the custom remote file for Vu+ Duo2.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might be the only Slingbox user who regularly lurks in this forum and I tend to use the new Desktop Player.Very Happy Glad you are sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: