JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OK/Select button not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: OK/Select button not working Reply with quote

I have a fairly new visio lcd hdtv and when I use my Charter remote I can get the menu to come up in tv mode and the arrows let me move around. At first, the OK/Select button was stuck on cbl mode, but I used the 994 method to move the key to tv mode. It now lights up in tv mode when pressed but it does not select anything. For example if I hilite the timer function and press OK it won't do anything; using the tv remote gives me the different time periods for the sleep timer. Perhaps one of those advanced codes is what I need but I don't know how to look it up since I don't see a charter remote listed in the drop down. Can you help me? Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: Hold Setup for 2 blinks, 994, tap Setup, 00164, OK (2 blinks).

Repeat using 00054 to assign Sleep to any key. Multiple presses change the time.
toddw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Both worked like a charm - many thanks. How could I have figured this out for myself? The second one is great - that function doesn't even exist on the original tv remote and is much handier than going to the menu. Is that just because Visio didn't care to put a button for it on the remote for this model?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this particular case, I posted all these at RemoteCentral a while back:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewpost.cgi?1256484

But in general, download and install Remote Master from our file section. Then search for any recent Vizio device upgrade. Open it in Remote Master. The EFCs on the Functions tab are typically what you'd use with the 994 command. But they must match the setup code you're using. To make sure they do, look at the General tab and note the Protocol, Device and Subdevice. Follow the Lookup Tool link at the top of this page, and search by Protocol and enter the Device and Subdevice values. If any of the resulting setup codes match what you're using, the EFCs will work. If not, you'll need the help of someone on this forum to figure out the correct codes.

There may be an easier way, but that's how I do it.

As for where those codes came from in the first place, I learned most of them from a Vizio QWERTY remote and got the rest from other posts and upgrade files. I then used IR Scope software (you could use Remote Master if you have a JP1 cable) to discover the OBCs (raw codes) and used Remote Master to convert them to EFCs (advanced codes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: