JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Figuring out the OFA URC7980
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall a Toadtog stand-alone. But I agree it is pointless to turn off a satellite or cable box. The power savings is virtually nil as 3FG pointed out.

As for an alternative remote with toadtog, the URC-6440 is one of the best options for you.
jts321835

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses, it is for a PVR Humax hdr1000s, I don't ever want to switch it off but it insists on putting itself to sleep, I would like my watch tv activity to ultimately switch on the TV (if off, I have the discrete) and set the correct input for the PVR and wake it up/turn it on.

Problem is there may be occasions where the pvr is already on so sending the toggle button will only turn it off, this is the situation I am trying to handle am I missing something or is this a common issue.
jts321835

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have just downloaded the latest version now when I download from the remote I get the following

Error in rdf. wrong variant specified for pid = 00 27. number of fixed command bytes should be 12/2, for specified variant it is 4/2.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately even a toadtog cannot solve your particular PVR problem. For a device that sleeps on its own, the toadtog bit will always get out of sync. You need to find the power management settings and disable sleep or do some experimentation and see if any other button besides power will bring it out of standby. I also read somewhere that HDMI-CEC can force it into standby, so try disabling that as well.

3FG will be able to address your error.
jts321835

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, before reading your last post and mine cec dawned on me, it was in fact Bravia sync turning off the PVR when I turn off the TV.

Would it be a bad idea to remove the power toggle PVR button on the remote so when the power button is used to turn off the TV whilst the watch TV activity is active it doesn't touch the device, then sending a discrete TV on can happily be included in the Watch TV Macro to power on the device, I will bind the PVR power else where so I do have the ability to turn it on in those rare cases, unless of course this is for what ever reason ill advised.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't recall a Toadtog stand-alone.

Here it is...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2852
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts321835,
Would you mind reverting to the official 2.04 build, download from the remote and upload the resulting RMIR file here? That way I can load your image into my 7980 and reproduce the problem.
jts321835

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just done it and uploaded it to my onedrive you can download it from
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFGznnLIarugY5sqWMRxdn0einIpA
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts321835 wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to remove the power toggle PVR button on the remote so when the power button is used to turn off the TV whilst the watch TV activity is active it doesn't touch the device, then sending a discrete TV on can happily be included in the Watch TV Macro to power on the device, I will bind the PVR power else where so I do have the ability to turn it on in those rare cases, unless of course this is for what ever reason ill advised.
Not at all. But do put power on some other button so you can still use it if needed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous RDF file had none of the executor variant information in it, and that messed things up, I believe. If your Sony Audio component is controlled by the 7980, that implies that the 3229 upgrade is OK. And that would suggest that the revised RDF file I provided (along with the special RMIR build) hasn't been copied into the RDF subfolder in your RMIR folder. Please do that and then download again. On the device tab we want to see the 3229 upgradae listed as PID 0027 with Variant "new".
jts321835

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will resubmit later with your latest RDF file it was done a long with using the rest of your updated file, to make things easier I used another machine with the original files but forgot to just update the RDF.
jts321835

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same error when using the normal build with the new RDF

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFGznnLIarugY5tEFMlUY-KWp-zGg RDF

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqFGznnLIarugY5unOS_tjmf77ZauQ image

Cheers J
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did to get a functioning image into my 7980 was to delete the 3585 and 3229 upgrades from the devices tab, and upload this to the remote. Following the upload, I used my phone to get the 3229 upgrade from UEI. Then I could download without error.

As an aside, I wouldn't expect that the above procedure to be necessary for your remote unless you uploaded from RMIR when the 3229/3585 upgrades were in the image and using the old RDF. If you did do that, I'd be surprised if the upgrades actually would control a Sony component.
jts321835

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it is relivent but the to is Sony, the audio device is actually a Cambridge audio, but has a build in function to learn the TV remote volume controls, that predates the remote and I never bothered to change it as controlling both with a single click is useful.
jts321835

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed those devices as you said and no longer get an error, however I thought I would need to add them in again via the app, my remote still operates them, utterly confused at this stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: