JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFC Code For URC 7960 Sony Hi-Fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rakesh77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: EFC Code For URC 7960 Sony Hi-Fi Reply with quote

i own URC 7960, I want to Feed info of my music system MHC GN88D.

Can someone help me with it. dont have jp1 cable. where can i find the 5 digit codes for the remote? all codes i came across are 3 digit
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say which functions you're looking for, so here is a way to check for any function. First, I'd use setup code Audio/1658 to see if your DVD system responds to at least some of the buttons. If it does, you should download the RMIR program, open RemoteMaster, open this Sony Dreambox upgrade , change the remote to the URC-7960, and you'll see 5 digit EFCs on the Functions tab.
rakesh77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: need groove button on remote Reply with quote

Hey thanks for reply, i am looking for groove button. it was there in my original remote, but i am unable to find it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_cdcombo.htm#cdca

it is listed here but i cant use it. dont know which decice setup code to be used in my particular remote,as the given one is not working. and the efc codes are also in 3 digit instead of 5

Thanks
rakesh77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: The code 1658 dint work Reply with quote

the codes that worked for me are 1158 in amp mode,
2457 in dvd mode.

Are the efc codes are dependent on the setup code? how can i convert the efc code from the code given on the above link?

Thanks in advance Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Command numbers listed on the Sony page are called OBCs in JP1speak. UEI tries to obfuscate this information and encodes the OBC into a EFC. The EFC also contains additional information which in the case of these setup codes tells the remote which Sony protocol to use and how to select among various device or subdevice numbers. So the EFCs are setup code dependent.

The EFC for Groove is probably 63693, and this can be used with Audio 1158, Video 2457, or Audio 1658 (I failed to specify Audio in my first post).

I used RemoteMaster, selected the URC-7960 as the remote, Sony Combo (12/15/20) as the protocol, entered in 57 as Sony 20 Subdevice 1, and switched to the Functions tab. There I selected Sony 20 as the Protocol for the 26.57 signals, and Sony 12 protocol for signals with device numbers like 12,13,16,18, etc. Also select 57 for the subdevice for Sony20 signals, and "none" for the Sony 12 signals
rakesh77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Thank You, the code worked. Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. it worked like charm Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: