JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR SAYS NO REMOTES FOUND - resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What operating system are you using? Because if it's Windows, it already has the ability to open and extract zip files as part of Windows Explorer, so WinRAR is not needed. But, none the less, if you have unzipped the file properly, under your DONE folder you should have several sub-folders, including Docs, Images and most importantly... RDF. Do you have these folders? If not, you didn't unzip properly.

I have mentioned several times what you need to do to point RMIR to the RDF folder, along with suggesting that having RMIR not find the RDFs is one of the causes of the message that you are getting, and so far you have not addresses that question.

You are making it very difficult to help you, which explains why so many of the experts have stopped.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just so I have this part correct to set the RDF PATH in RMIR program i click file, set directory, rdf path, then I highlight the folder that says RDF and click ok. Should there be a plus or minus sign to the left of the RDF folder icon?

RMIR works "out of the box". You do NOT need to set RDF path, Maps path or anything else. These are all correctly set by default. If you have extracted the zip file into a folder (of your choice) then that is ALL that is needed. Double-click RemoteMaster.jar and it will open and work without further setup. You can run Setup.vbs if you wish, but it is not needed. All it does is create shortcuts and file associations to enable you to open RMIR in other ways than by double-clicking RemoteMaster.jar.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mathdon;
Thank you for your help. I have RMIR loaded on my computer now. It looks just like it looked when I had the program back in August of this year when it worked perfectly, but for some reason unknown to me it got deleted from my computer. I have put RMIR back on my computer. I am using the same computer, same JP1 cable, same remote, and I get No Remotes Found. It is driving me crazy. I have checked the pin connections to the remote and they are fine, exactly as they were back in August. Batteries in remote are good. Any ideas why I keep getting No Remotes Found?

Thanks again for the help;

Steve
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still not convinced you've put it back. Everything you've posted so far points to the jar being run from inside the zip file. Humor us and right-click the zip file and choose "Extract All". Make note of where you extracted it and run the jar from there.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for their help and patience. I had RMIR working perfectly in August. I will get this fixed. I did run extract files again. I went to the folder I sent extraction to and clicked on Remote Master Jar File and RMIR opened perfectly. I still get No Remotes Found. Any ideas?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that you have RMIR correctly installed now, the advice I gave yesterday is still good today.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3fg;
Thank you for the help. I did what you said yesterday which was....

First, double check that you are hooking the interface wires to the correct pins.

Pins are fine.They are exactly as they were when it worked in August.

I still get No Remotes Found. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Steven Kovacs on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the err file in the Diagnosis file area. I'm not sure i did it correctly so below is a cut and paste of the err file.

MOD EDIT: Here's the file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13739

I see no download attempt in that file. Can you try a download and upload your file again?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any .rmir files saved from your current remote from your previous installation of RMIR? If so, have you tried opening one of them using RMIR? I have asked you this several times and so far you haven't responded. I am trying to determine if you have a problem with a missing RDF.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I do not save anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEN KOVACS wrote:
No I do not save anything.

Wow.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything left that I can try? If anyone has any ideas I will try anything. And again I say thank you everyone for all your help. I'm sorry I do not understand this like you guys do but like I said it worked fine back in August. Also I don't understand why people don't talk on the phone anymore. I really believe it would make solving this problem easier.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEN KOVACS wrote:
Is there anything left that I can try?

You can try providing us with some diagnostic information. Do whatever you do in your failed attempts to download from the remote, then close RMIR. Go to the installation folder for RMIR, where you will find a file called rmaster.err. Upload this file to the Diagnostics Area of this forum and post a link to it in this thread. It may give us some insight into what you are doing wrong.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the rmaster.err file, and I uploaded it in the Diagnostics Files. The link to the upload is...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13741

If anyone can tell me what this file says that would be great. It's all Greek ti me.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Steven Kovacs
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says your cable isn't functioning at all. Probably no driver was installed. Do you know how to look in device manager to see if a driver is loaded?

Can you post a picture or a link to a picture of your cable? Where did you buy it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: