JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR SAYS NO REMOTES FOUND - resolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not know what you mean. Please explain.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RemoteMaster.v2.03build10.zip is a zipped file. You must manually and explicitly unzip (extract) it. So in Windows Explorer, don't left click on RemoteMaster.v2.03build10.zip. Instead, right click and then left click Extract All.
That brings up a window where you can select an installation folder. Once the files have been extracted, you'll have a folder with several subfolders. Now you can click on setup.vbs.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to start from the beginning. I am frustrated, confused and lost. What is frustrating I did this before and it worked. Why can't I get it to work now? I need someone to go step by step with me. Pleaseeeeeeeeee
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Settting Up RMIR Program On My Computer Reply with quote

I am writing this at 2:54am east coast time. I am tired, frustrated, and confused. I have worked with the help of Rob in trying to get the RMIR Program working on my computer but to no success. I thank Rob sincerely for all his online help. The problem is when I click on Download from Remote it says No Remotes Found. I had the program working on my computer back in August of this year. It no longer works. Trying to fix this by communicating through. the JP1 website is not working. I need to converse with an expert who can walk me through the process, and we can figure out why it no longer works. I would really, really appreciate a phone call so I could converse with someone so I can get this fixed. My name is Steve and my phone number is (207) 229-9178. I would really appreciate the call. I am available anytime. Thanks again.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEN KOVACS wrote:
I did click on setup.vbs file so I assume it got unzipped. At some point after clicking on setup.vbs file I get this message...

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\RemoteMaster.v2.03build10.zip: Cannot open C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.951\rmaster.err
! The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Look at the filename that precedes "Cannot open". It ends ".zip". You are trying to run setup.vbs from within the zip file.

As others have told you, you must unzip the zip file to a new, empty, folder. If you don't know how to unzip a zip package, google "unzip files".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/zip-unzip-files
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in a program called WIN RAR. I highlighted Setup.vbs. I then clicked on the WIZARD icon in the program WIN RAR. It said choose a folder for unpacked files. I told the program place unpacked files in a folder I made on desktop called vbs. I ran the wizard and then went into the the vbs folder on my desktop and clicked on the file named setup. It then says do you want to open this file and I click open. It then says program shortcuts created successfully. From within the vbs folder on my desktop I click on the RMIR shortcut and the RMIR program appears on my screen. I then plug in my JP1 remote into a usb port. I then click on download remotes and it says No Remotes Found. When I plug the JP1 cable into the usb port a red and green light flash on the JP1 cable.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please call me. I am in desperate need of help with RMIR. Steve at (207) 229-9178. I am at my wits end. Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am to take you at your word, it sounds like you just unzipped the Setup.vbs program and nothing else. What you are supposed to do is unzip the entire contents of the zip file, into a folder on your computer.

Once all the contents have been unzipped, then and only then, should you run the Setup.vbs program.

Given your track record so far, I think we would need to see a screen shot of Windows Explorer showing that you have really done that before we try and diagnose any other problems that you report.

Once you have everything unzipped and setup.vbs has been run, double click on the RMIR item in the folder. Then, once RMIR starts up, do the following:

File > Set Directory > RDF path (then select the RDF folder in your RMIR folder)
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob could you please please give me two minutes on the phone.... please.
(207) 229-9178 Thank you
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know how to insert a screen shot.[/img]
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: RMIR Help I am Despearte Reply with quote

Can't get RMIR program to work. Help. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Call Steve at (207) 229-9178. If it sounds like I am begging I am. I am desperate. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, just FYI, you can keep opening new threads on this if you want, but I will keep merging them back into this thread.

We all know exactly what you are doing wrong and we've all told you several times what you need to do, but so far you have ignored us. I don't think having one of us repeat the message on the phone will make any difference. We're just going to tell you again that you need to unzip RM before you can use it, but so far you don't seem to believe us, so what can we do.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Honest, I am not trying to be difficult, an I really appreciate your help. I believe I have done everything I was instructed to do. Here is what I have done. In the program WinRAR I highlighted/selected every file and folder that came in the Soundforce RMIR download. After everything was highlighted I then hit Extract To in the Win RAR program, and told WinRAR to extract the files to a folder I labeled DONE. Once the Extract To completed I went to that DONE folder and clicked on the file labeled setup. It created an icon RMIR, and when I click on that icon the RMIR program appears on my screen. But when I click on Download From Remote I still get No Remotes Found. In reading what I just wrote have I done the process correctly as you have instructed?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are still making it more difficult than necessary. Being inside of WinRAR and extracting each file may result in all files being extracted into a single directory instead of the intended file structure that is in the zip file. Instead just do what I said originally: 1) In internet explorer (NOT WinRAR) find the zip file you downloaded. 2) RIGHT click on the zip file and choose "Extract All".

This will extract all the files into the directory structure that RMIR expects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: