JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Choosing my first JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it look like now, what is 'normally', and what else did you try please?

If a keymove or anything else has been allocated to any Power button delete it, because it might supercede the LKP
(think it's Keymove - DSM - ordinary macro etc. but can't remember the order of precedence so look in the manual)
and how about:-

Device: <none>
Type: LKP
Key: Power
Duration: 3

Short side
(as 'normally', perhaps:-
Device1
Discrete On for Device1
Device2
Discrete On for Device2
Device3
Discrete On for Device3
Device4
Discrete On for Device4, etc.
e.g. DeviceTV

Long side
Device1
Discrete Off for Device1
Device2
Discrete Off for Device2
Device3
Discrete Off for Device3
Device4
Discrete Off for Device4, etc.
e,g. DeviceTV

Last edited by tranx on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, meaning just a power button for the device that is selected.

I think what you suggested will turn everything on on a short press.

I would like the power button to retain its normal use on a short press, but then turn everything off when held down.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, 'morkin thinks again'
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry tranx, but going back to what we've spoken about before...and it might answer the current question as well:

I've put a some global LKPs on the coloured buttons so that when held down they perform a macro. When short pressed now, they do nothing, no matter which device I'm on.

For example.

Special Function
Device button: <None>
Key: Red
Type: LKP(2)

Short Keys: Red
Long keys: Macro

What I would like is that a long press performs the macro, and a normal press does what the button would do if there was no special function associated with it.

Currently the LKP works and a normal press of the button does nothing.
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work fine on the device buttons but not on any others.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JezW wrote:
Normally, meaning just a power button for the device that is selected...I would like the power button to retain its normal use on a short press, but then turn everything off when held down.
I can't imagine how to do that, simply because e.g. a global LKP would mask the normal press on the same button.

but how about:-

Normal Press
In device Editor: Power button for: Device1 = PowerToggle for Device1
In device Editor: Power button for: Device1 = PowerToggle for Device2
etc.

A global LKP on Power would mask the normal press of Power so do:-

In the editor for each device, allocate its DiscreteOff function to e.g. its X-Shift Power

then:-
Put a global macro on Shift-Power as follows:-
Macro:
Key: Power
Shift: (ticked)
Macro Keys:-
Device1:
XShift-Power
Device2:
XShift-Power
(etc.)

Last edited by tranx on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I can change my macros to shift buttons. But then I don't understand the purpose of LKP, if it removes the functionality of the button's short press.

Except the device buttons, which work fine.
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so the manual says:

"LKP: This function enables you to put two device-specific macros on one key."

So that's what it's for. Two macros on one key. You can't have one macro on long press, and retain normal button functionality on short press.

Except for device buttons..lol
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JezW wrote:
Would you kindly explain?

As discussed, the 'normal press' of a device button sets the Device Mode, and as I understand it, after that it can do an LKP, is that what you mean?
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thanks for writing that Tranx, I'm sure that would work Smile
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
JezW wrote:

As discussed, the 'normal press' of a device button sets the Device Mode, and as I understand it, after that it can do an LKP, is that what you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant.

I have put some LKPs on the device buttons.

For example, hold down the TV button, and it turns the TV on, switches the source to HDMI1 and turns the skybox on.

BUT, I can simply press the TV button (short press) and it just activates the TV device.

So the device buttons, even with a LKP, also retain their original function on a short press.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JezW wrote:
tranx wrote:
JezW wrote:

Yes, that's what I meant.

I have put some LKPs on the device buttons.

For example, hold down the TV button, and it turns the TV on, switches the source to HDMI1 and turns the skybox on.

BUT, I can simply press the TV button (short press) and it just activates the TV device.

So the device buttons, even with a LKP, also retain their original function on a short press.
Yes in that particular respect the Device Buttons are special. That might be the basis for the equally special Extender for 6440 and that for OARUSB04G which also keeps its standard functions.

With any other Extender, as far as I know, you have to define the Device buttons before they can do anything, I suppose it might be like that if you do not allocate any devices to Device buttons,
but perhaps you could research it Very Happy
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JezW wrote:
So that's what it's for. Two macros on one key. You can't have one macro on long press, and retain normal button functionality on short press.

Yes you can. You need to make the short press send the normal button function. BUT THIS REQUIRES CARE. If you make the short press macro be a single key, and that key being the key that the macro is on, you will get an infinite loop. (If you do this by mistake, press and hold the Pause button to exit the loop.) Instead, assuming there is no other function on the shifted button, you make the single key of the short press macro be Shift/Key, where Key is the button that the macro is on. Then shift-cloaking will make Shift/Key send the normal function of Key without causing an infinite loop. This is easier to do than to explain Very Happy .

I take it that with your LKP on device buttons, you have left the short press macro empty. That's the way to have normal behaviour of the device button on a short press.
JezW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
JezW wrote:

Yes you can. You need to make the short press send the normal button function. BUT THIS REQUIRES CARE. If you make the short press macro be a single key, and that key being the key that the macro is on, you will get an infinite loop. (If you do this by mistake, press and hold the Pause button to exit the loop.) Instead, assuming there is no other function on the shifted button, you make the single key of the short press macro be Shift/Key, where Key is the button that the macro is on. Then shift-cloaking will make Shift/Key send the normal function of Key without causing an infinite loop. This is easier to do than to explain Very Happy .

I take it that with your LKP on device buttons, you have left the short press macro empty. That's the way to have normal behaviour of the device button on a short press.

All I can say is Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

And yes, it's much easier to do than to explain. I had to read that paragraph more than once!

Yes, for the device buttons I left the short macro press empty.

Thank you Graham!
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
JezW wrote:

Very nice thank you... edited: got it now!

Last edited by tranx on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: