JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast DTA Enhancement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Comcast DTA Enhancement Reply with quote

Last week my Comcast DTA started acting really weird. When it was done misbehaving, the information displayed when I change channels looked like there was some new functionality.

I Googled this and found out that Comcast has been rolling out DTA enhancements since at least April 2013. They were supposed to notify you on your bill, by mail, or email that they were making changes, but as yet I didn't receive any such notification .

I found these instructions on how to use the remote
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/dta-on-screen-guide

I updated my upgrade to reflect the enhancements
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8212

2 = Up
4 = Left
5 = Select
6 = Right
8 = Down
Enter= Guide
Info = Settings

There are many, many variations of the Comcast Thomson DTAs in the file section with a combined download well into the 1000's which goes to show how many of us are supporting DTAs.

I thought you might like the Comcast link to send to your NaNa down in Florida, because its rolling out down here with no information whatsoever. I had to Google it, but maybe your NaNa didn't even know what that change in display indicated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky, I had noticed this myself and had been meaning to post something. I noticed a lot of extra onscreen information at the beginning of some of my recordings (on ReplayTV) and on some late night recordings the info was almost full screen and stayed there for 5 minutes or so.

So, I also found these instructions and then went through each Replay turning off the onscreen info so that it wouldn't mess up my recordings.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Comcast DTA uses the standard Comcast XMP code set. You can use the standard Comcast full cable box codes that are NOT the Motorola code set. For most remotes that natively support XMP, this is code 1982.

The DTA now supports arrows, Menu, Exit, Guide, in addition to the basic keys.

To access the DTA diagnostics with the guide software, hold down the "0" key for a few seconds. Channel up/down move up and down. You can use 7 or EXIT to leave diagnostics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: