JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ZaapTV CloodTV 4U
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: ZaapTV CloodTV 4U Reply with quote

Hi
I am looking for a bin file to put in my sling player for the new zaap cloodtv 4u.
Please if you can help me .my e-mail is sghobra (at) hotmail (dot) com
Thanks
Ghobranios
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened when you tried the two ZaapTV Custom Remotes in the File Section ?
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

I tried the four bin files for ZAAPTV IPTV and ZAAPTV HD509N the old way by putting the files in SBAV folder and no button was working. After I followed your instruction I tried configuring through setup.slingbox.com but because all my computers are windows 10 Microsoft edge, Google Chrome and Safari all not supported by sling media. I installed Mozilla Firefox and I was successful to go through the configuration. I tried all four bin files but was no luck and no button was working.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have a European built Solo then ? I checked the Logitech IR Database and your box is not included but they recommended the ZAAPTV HD209N as an alternative. But that uses the same codes as the ZAAPTV IPTV, which tells me that they probably use the same codes for most of their Set Top Boxes.

You didn't answer the questions I pose in the instructions, so that means I cannot help any further.

Al
ghobranios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: zaap cloodtv 4u bin file for the remot control. Reply with quote

When I tried the two ZaapTV Custom Remotes everything is fine until I press test the video becomes not clear then comes back and when I press next I get NO UPDATE FOUND PLEASE CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE.
I did every thin in your instructions and all are ok.

My Solo sling box made in US but I don't know if it's European or not.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't appear to be reading the instructions much Very Happy

1. They make it very clear that a US Solo uses the PL file so I have no idea why you are trying the RV file ?

2. They specifically ask you to tell me the answers to 12 questions. You don't appear willing to do that ?
ghobranios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: zaap cloodtv 4u bin file for the remot control. Reply with quote

I tried PL and RV because you assumed that I have a European built Solo.
I try everything in your questions. The only thing I did not try is replacing the IR cable. I ordered one and I hope it will work.
Thank you again
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look back you will see it was actually the other way round Very Happy I assumed you had a European model because you said you had tried both files.

I assume you couldn't see the IR flash then ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghobranios,
You need to understand that Al creates hundreds of Slingbox upgrades for people, so he has developed a list of questions that greatly help him to help you when things don't work. He is expecting you to list the questions and provide answers for each of them. Otherwise he would need to spend a lot more time with you playing the "20 questions" game. Even if you feel like you have answered some of the questions in general text, it is much easier for Al if you list them, as below.

Here are the questions...

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
  2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button?
  3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
  4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?
  5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
  6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster?
  7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.
  8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
  9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
  10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
  11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.
  12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.

ghobranios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

I AM SORRY.

1. What model Slingbox do you have? SOLO.
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button? YES "NO UPDATE FOUND PLEASE CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE".
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) YES.
4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? YES.
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? NO.
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster? NO I CAN NOT SEE ANY LIGHT.
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass. I TRIED BUT THIS BOX YOU CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE IT HAS SOLID FRONT WITH 9 SMALL HOLES. 2 OF THEM HAVE BLUE LIGHT AND I AM ASSUMING THAT THE IR RECEIVER EYE IS BEHIND THESE HOLES.
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? YES.
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it. I AM NOT SURE.
10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? NO I DON'T HAVE.
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. YES.
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know. NO.

THANK YOU.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding question #9, if you are not sure that your Zaap remote uses IR, let's at least verify that one. Try using the same digital camera that you used for question 6 to verify if the Zaap remote is sending an IR signal.

This is what it should look like if it does send IR.

ghobranios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

I have 9 small holes. 2 of them are permanently with a blue light. when I tap the Power button in the remote computer I can see blue lights coming from another holes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounded like maybe this device doesn't come with a conventional remote control, so I found a video of the device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMbMGzkW5_I

It appears that when you describe "9 small holes" you are talking the Zaap box:

Whereas, what I was asking you is, have you confirmed that the remote control sends IR signals, this is the remote...

As I was trying to explain earlier, when you look at a remote that is sending an IR signal using a digital camera, you can actually see the IR signals. This is what you claim to have done in your answer to question 6 when you verified that the IR blasters were not sending a signal, and I was just asking you to repeat the process using the Zaap remote.

ghobranios

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

Yes, that is what I have and when I tap the Power button on Zaap remote I can see the light behind the remote front cover.
Thank you.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. In that case if you don't see the same light at the end of the IR Blaster when you tap a button on the virtual remote then you need a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: