JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic tuner tz-hr400p (mode 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Panasonic tuner tz-hr400p (mode 2) Reply with quote

The chance of getting it is very small, but I still want to ask. If anyone has bin file or device upgrade for mode 2 of the remote for tz-hr400p?
Mode 2 is activated by holding ok, then pressing 1,2, and exit on the remote.

Thanks.

Last edited by chuliu on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a tz-hr400p? Before we worry about mode 2 we would need to know how to work it in normal mode. Do you already have a bin file/code that works the normal mode? If so, what is it?
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What is a tz-hr400p? Before we worry about mode 2 we would need to know how to work it in normal mode. Do you already have a bin file/code that works the normal mode? If so, what is it?

It is a Japanese sky perfec tv tuner. I don't have a working bin file for it. If needed, I can try to capture ict file. Slingbox official supports mode 1 of the tuner tz-hr400p. I believe there is a entry in the harmony remote database, too. Thanks.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I asked for file is because the remote and stb is at my friend's place as I am watching it from overseas with slingbox. I have a harmony remote and slingbox at my place but they probably have normal mode of the remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled it, and its some kind of Panasonic device, but google translate couldn't translate the page, so I have no idea what it is.

What kind of device is it, and do you have the mode 1 signals captured?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu, is this a Panasonic box? If so, any reason you didn't mention that before? Is this a satellite box or a regular TV tuner box?

You HAVE to keep in mind when posting for help that most of the people who will be helping you not only don't have the device in question, but have never heard of it, especially as it's a Japanese box and most of us are in the US or UK. So the more info you provide the better, and when you don't provide the info, we have to spend additional time doing web research to try and get the missing info.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
chuliu, is this a Panasonic box? If so, any reason you didn't mention that before? Is this a satellite box or a regular TV tuner box?

You HAVE to keep in mind when posting for help that most of the people who will be helping you not only don't have the device in question, but have never heard of it, especially as it's a Japanese box and most of us are in the US or UK. So the more info you provide the better, and when you don't provide the info, we have to spend additional time doing web research to try and get the missing info.

Sorry about not mentioning it is a Japanese satellite sky perfec tv tuner.
Maybe I am too familiar with the tuner that I took it for granted...
Sorry.

The brand is Panasonic.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00EN8RDZK/

I have found a device upgrade for mode 1 of the remote
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11017

I also captured ict to compare and it is identical to my capture.
Keseiko 162-42 with device code 8.23.

Thanks and sorry about it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chului,
That upgrade link is in the archive section. Here is a link to a newer file in Slingbox RM files

Although the IR signals decode as Kaseikyo (because they are of that general classification), they can be more closely identified as the Panasonic IR protocol with OEM1 = 162 and OEM2 = 42. So it is possible to make an upgrade which uses the Panasonic executor (PID 00C9) using device 8.23 and the same OBCs as the Manual Protocol. The Panasonic executor is built into most remotes including Slingbox.

ETA: Here is an upgrade that Rob did for Sky Perfect based on the above data but using the 00C9 executor. The issue of which executor to use is deja vu all over again.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
chului,
That upgrade link is in the archive section. Here is a link to a newer file in Slingbox RM files

Although the IR signals decode as Kaseikyo (because they are of that general classification), they can be more closely identified as the Panasonic IR protocol with OEM1 = 162 and OEM2 = 42. So it is possible to make an upgrade which uses the Panasonic executor (PID 00C9) using device 8.23 and the same OBCs as the Manual Protocol. The Panasonic executor is built into most remotes including Slingbox.

ETA: Here is an upgrade that Rob did for Sky Perfect based on the above data but using the 00C9 executor. The issue of which executor to use is deja vu all over again.

Thanks 3FG.
I asked friend to mail the remote to me and I was able to create mode 2 rmdu file. I noticed that there is a G value required in remotemaster, but irscope doesn't have that. Luckily I do have a nevo c2 and use it I am able to find G value for every button.

I am not sure why Rob's file use different device code than what is suggested by nevo. Maybe because you use Panasonic protocol. Anyway, I find the file I found in the archive section to use a realistic skin with code C1501 and it has mapped the buttons to the realistic skin correctly. I just need to modify the subdevice from 23 to 55, which is the sub device for mode2. I also need to change each G value.

I will tide up the file and upload it.

Here it is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13683

Thanks.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all.
I took a look at the file that used Panasonic protocol.
It seems to not to need a separate G value for each function.
So in the future, if I have a panasonic remote that was captured to use a Kaseiko protocol, I will use panasonic protocol instead.

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to get something working using the Panasonic protocol?

Normally, if a Kaseiko signal has the right values to be a Panasonic signal, it will be reported as such by all JP1 tools.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified the file made by Rob for sky perfect tv, with original device code 128,23, and oem code 162,42 to device code 8,23, and oem 162,42 to reflect the fact that my panasonic tz-hr400p use 8,23 as oem code as suggested by ir.exe. Unfortunately none of the buttons worked. As I tested earlier, with kaseiko protocol in which I specified G values for each function, it does work for my device. I am therefore, unsure as to what the problem might be.

I do noticed in the file that I listed in the above post, that was in the archive section, does have G values for each function.

The obc value in Rob's file is the same to that suggested by ir.exe and nevo c2. It doesn't need to be changed.

I made sure that my device is working in mode 1.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to use the Kaseiko protocol instead of the Panasonic protocol, so you did nothing wrong when the Panasonic one didn't work.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should be using RM instead of IR. The protocols and decoding are much more up to date.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You really should be using RM instead of IR. The protocols and decoding are much more up to date.

I am sorry, I use rmir 203b8.

When I made the mode 2 upgrade, I made a mistake by not providing G values for each function, and it didn't work, because ir scope didn't have that value in the capture. I later used nevo c2 and rmir203b8 and was able to get G values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: