JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp LC-32LE351EBK HDMI1 input
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look at the extender manual for URC-6440 but for now i have a little problem with the "special fonction" (TV;LIST;4;BACK;DVD) :

When i turn on the TV/DVD with my Macro on the WatchMovie Button (TV;1;POWER;DVD;BACK;POWER) it doesn't work until i pressed the DVD button.

Note 1: There's a bug with the Power Toggle button of the TV (a countdown appears) i need to power on with a Channel Number.

Note 2 : Enter some SubMenus on the DVD device (Xtreamer MK1) prevents it to Power Off, i need exit the submenu before power off the device.

Note 3 : I put AV/SOURCE on the LIST button instead of the AV button because i use it for audio sources do to its symmetry with the TEXT button on the remote.

++
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:

When i turn on the TV/DVD with my Macro on the WatchMovie Button (TV;1;POWER;DVD;BACK;POWER) it doesn't work until i pressed the DVD button.

I found in another post that it's a normal behaviour with unextended URC-6440. Pressing the Watchmovie button put the remote in activity mode and block macros until a device button is pressed.

I definitively need the extender...
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
Halback wrote:

I found in another post that it's a normal behaviour with unextended URC-6440. Pressing the Watchmovie button put the remote in activity mode and block macros until a device button is pressed.

Hum,

no more luck with the extender, adding ComboCancel at the end of the macro to quit the activity mode do nothing. The button still not fonctionning until i hit the DVD device Button.

Sad
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
Halback wrote:
Halback wrote:

Hum,
no more luck with the extender, adding ComboCancel at the end of the macro to quit the activity mode do nothing. The button still not fonctionning until i hit the DVD device Button.
Sad

To be effective I think 'ComboCancel' needs to go at the start of a macro on a Combi-button.
It might seem obscure at first but the reason for this is explained in the Extender manual...there's a lot to read but it makes perfect sense once you have tried the various functions

With a bit of planning to make the layout memorable, as in your Note 3., and Shift and XShift, the apparent shortage of buttons actually makes things more intuitive. To that end we use unshifted number buttons for DSM macros to do similar things in various device modes and, if required, Special Functions can even be made global by specifying 'Device Mode' as '<none>'. However a function allocated to the List button is only sent if the button is held down for a few moments, because with a short press that button works as shift, and two short presses for X-Shift
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
Yes, only 3 digits for what i remember. So if i need to type 5 numbers for each test on the remote i prefer stay with RM.

Your very first post states that you do not have a JP1 cable, so I assumed you were programming each button using the 994 command and then testing them, but it now sounds like you are using RM to create upgrades to test the codes, which is indeed the quicker way to test them.

And yes, using that method, you could create as many upgrades as you want and assign one to each device button, then when you're done, assign the next four to the device buttons, etc
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

i tried with ComboCancel at start but it 's the same. The DSM refuses to run until i press the DVD device button even if i hold the button List.

It's a bit complicated for me to just add a DSM function Sad

As i understand the List button is a particular button in the extender and i can't use it for what i want.

Because we have another URC-6440 that we used to use i can't really change it. It'll not be WAF Sad

So i think i must abandon the use of the extender and just do a key move to the TV/AV button instead of a DSM. It will be less destabilizing than a button that does not work the first time for my wife

Thanks for your help.

++
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
...i tried with ComboCancel at start but it 's the same. The DSM refuses to run until i press the DVD device button even if i hold the button List....a bit complicated for me to just add a DSM function Sad ...
That seems odd if the upgrades are allocated to Device buttons as Rob said and if the relevant functions are allocated to the buttons used in the macro.

Also, 'DSM' is an acronym for 'Device Specific Macro',
i.e. with or without the extender, it will only work in the specified Device mode.
So perhaps you bound the 'DSM' to the DVD's WatchMovie button...
...it would only work work as you want if you define it instead as Device '<none>' or, better, as an ordinary macro, which can be be done under the Macro tab.

(I should not have mentioned the number or shift buttons, which are not relevant)
It does take a bit of time to get used to things in RMIR but at least with this extender the basic features are much the same as they are without it, while RMIR can certainly be well worth the initial bother.
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:

Also, 'DSM' is an acronym for 'Device Specific Macro',
i.e. with or without the extender, it will only work in the specified Device mode.
So perhaps you bound the 'DSM' to the DVD's WatchMovie button...
...it would only work work as you want if you define it instead as Device '<none>' or, better, as an ordinary macro, which can be be done under the Macro tab.

Hi,

it's exactly what i want : do a macro for a specific device (DVD). It's why i try a DSM and not a Macro. My english is not perfect and perhaps i misunderstood the way todo so. I would the List button act differently in TV and DVD mode.

What we use to do with our other remote (without extender) :

For TV :
Hit WatchTV Button (turn on the TV) wait for the TV to be ready then, if necessary, hit the List button (the TV auto commute to TVInput).

For Movie :
Hit WatchMovie Button (turn on the TV, the PC and the A/V Amplifier) wait for the TV to be ready then, if necessary, hit the List button (the TV auto commute to HDMI1).

So i would do something similar with the new one but as i can't auto commute the Input with an unique discrete code i must use a macro specific to DVD device (no need for TV as i have to force a channel at start i'm sure the Input will be good) and Activity prevent me to do that.

I thought that way :

List button on the TV pop-up the Input Selector (in case of i must use another Input).

List button on the DVD device will do a DSM to commute on HMDI1.

For that i created 2 macros and one DSM :

WatchTV: TV;1;Power
WatchMovie: DVD,Back,Power;TV;Power;DVD

DVD/List/DSM: TV;List;4;Back;DVD

But the List button does nothing after the WatchMovie macro, if i hit the DVD button then everything works fine.

I will try with

<none>/List/DSM: TV;List;4;Back;DVD

but what will happen if i hit List after the WatchTV macro ?
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
I will try with

<none>/List/DSM: TV;List;4;Back;DVD

Exactly the same, the button do nothing until i press the DVD one Crying or Very sad
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining but previously you said:
Quote:
When i turn on the TV/DVD with my Macro on the WatchMovie Button (TV;1;POWER;DVD;BACK;POWER) it doesn't work until i pressed the DVD button
When you said 'it' 'doesn't work' were you referring to 'it' as the DVD's DSM on the DVD's list button, which I now understand is the button you are accustomed to pressing, after a pause for things to get ready?

I ask because, pressing the WatchMovie button for (ordinary gobal macro):- 'ComboCancel;TV;1;POWER;DVD;BACK;POWER'
- would already have left the remote in DVD device mode

I did not intend 'Device:<none>' for a DSM on the List button, but <none>/List/DSM: 'TV;List;4;Back;DVD' would have caused an infinite loop (because it contained 'List') so that makes me wonder if you have recognised that the List button needs to be pressed and held to get any macro etc. on that button to be sent?
Halback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
When you said 'it' 'doesn't work' were you referring to 'it' as the DVD's DSM on the DVD's list button, which I now understand is the button you are accustomed to pressing, after a pause for things to get ready?

I ask because, pressing the WatchMovie button for (ordinary gobal macro):- 'ComboCancel;TV;1;POWER;DVD;BACK;POWER'
- would already have left the remote in DVD device mode

Yes, when i hit (or hold) the List button after the WatchMovie macro it do nothing. But if i hit the DVD button before it works :

WatchMovie, List (hit or hold) --> failed (WatchMovie and DVD blink together)
WatchMovie, DVD, List (hit) --> Works (only DVD blink)

tranx wrote:
I did not intend 'Device:<none>' for a DSM on the List button, but <none>/List/DSM: 'TV;List;4;Back;DVD' would have caused an infinite loop (because it contained 'List') so that makes me wonder if you have recognised that the List button needs to be pressed and held to get any macro etc. on that button to be sent?

Not sure to understand.
I already tried to set <none> in the Activities WatchMovie Tab of RMIR, just for the line with List, then for all, also tried to uncheck/check all the device, only the TV, only DVD and a lot of other combinaisons ... with no change.

I discovered that the List button do nothing after the WatchMovie macro because it uses the action mapped to it in the setup code of the DVD (DVD/2010) and i mapped nothing on it.

If i hit the DVD device button before then hit List this time it uses the DSM action map to it.

WatchMovie, List (sends code from DVD/2010) --> failed
WatchMovie, DVD, List (send code from the DVD/List/DSM) --> Works
Halback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum,

i tried to see if the Button List act as a Shift-Button like it will do with the extender and assigned a command (Menu) to TV/Shift-0. It doesn't work :

When i hit List (without holding it, just a single press) the TV/Source selector pop-up on the TV (List is mapped the TV/Sourve in my TV/1659 setup code).

Is it possible the extender doesn't work for me (that will explain the remote acts as usual and refuse to play macro after the WatchMovie one) ?

Or perhaps i create a conflict with the DSM to DVD/List ?

I will try without it and see what happens ...

I removed the DSM to DVD/List.
Mapped the List button in TV/1659 and DVD/2010 to nothing.
Mapped TV/AV to Shift-0
Mapped DVD/Menu to Shift-0

The List button never acts as a shift button Confused

TV, List, 0 act as TV/0 and not TV/shift-0
DVD, List, 0 act as DVD/0 and not DVD/shift-0
Halback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned, i think i made a big mistake with the installation of the extender.
For me load the extender in RMIR then upload it to the remote should have been sufficient. But in the manual the installation is a bit more complicated...

After the upload memory usage say 7882 free but if i redownload from the remote it say 9146 free. The extender is not installed...

Sould have read the manual first Embarassed
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
...Sould have read the manual first

Yep that does help Smile
Glad you found what was wrong
Halback

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally i should stay away from the extender as i know me i risk getting into trouble Wink

Thanks all for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: