JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Remote File for Opticum AX-Odin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klpe1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Need Remote File for Opticum AX-Odin Reply with quote

Need Remote File for Opticum AX-Odin for Remote Control. THX
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tested the Opticum remotes in the File section ?

They are all a bit old so use these instructions: http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/
klpe1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i have tested these files, but they do not work. Maybe here is not the right place to ask because other requests for the Opticum AX-Odin are open for month.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well you don't appear to have followed the instructions, so if you want me to help could you please start by doing as I asked in the Readme file and reading them properly.
klpe1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed all instructions i read, but no bin file seems to work with my Slingbox 350 and Opticum AX-Odin.
I try to build a binary for myself but i don't now how to handle the IRScope output file (.ICT). The Instructions and tutorials are very difficult to understand because of my limited backround (as well as my limited english!)
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klpe1957 wrote:
Yes, i have tested these files, but they do not work
The instructions VERY clearly say "...If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on. So please report all of the following:...."
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klpe1957 wrote:
I try to build a binary for myself but i don't now how to handle the IRScope output file (.ICT). The Instructions and tutorials are very difficult to understand because of my limited backround (as well as my limited english!)

We have plenty of people here who know how to build a BIN from an ICT. If you post your ICT we can see if it matches Alan's bin.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
klpe1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
klpe1957 wrote:

We have plenty of people here who know how to build a BIN from an ICT. If you post your ICT we can see if it matches Alan's bin.

I did not find a way to post a file here.
klpe1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
klpe1957 wrote:
Yes, i have tested these files, but they do not work
The instructions VERY clearly say "...If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on. So please report all of the following:...."

I did not have problems installing the files, i have done this for 2 or 3 Remotes before. You told me to test the older Opticum binaries and i say: these files did not work with the Opticum AX-Odin. to make it clear for you: If i press any button, nothing happens on my receiver.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klpe1957 wrote:
I did not find a way to post a file here.

Go to the File Section (link at the top of the page), then navigate to the Diagnosis Area, then click the Upload button (again, link near the top of the page), enter the details then use the Chose File button to select your ict file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klpe1957 wrote:
I did not have problems installing the files, i have done this for 2 or 3 Remotes before. You told me to test the older Opticum binaries and i say: these files did not work with the Opticum AX-Odin. to make it clear for you: If i press any button, nothing happens on my receiver.

Alan has loaded thousands of files (literally, go count them) for Slingbox users and most of the time they come back with "it didn't work". Upon further investigation, it turns out this is often due to some user error along the way. Now, when someone says "it didn't work" we could either say "oh well, tough luck" or we could dig further. That digging has lead Alan to come up with a list of questions based on previous interactions and he asks everyone to post answers to the questions when the file they tried didn't work.

I think we have reached the point now though where we will go back to just saying "oh well" when people post that "it didn't work".
klpe1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ignore my problem, so i think i dont get any help here. The opticum files are made not for the AX-Odin, but for older receivers. So these files doesnt fit with the newer receiver.

I use a workaround with an web-based remote control.

Klaus
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to set the record right, we did NOT ignore your problem, we asked you to give us the answers to the 12 questions in the installation file and we were still waiting patiently for your reply.

However, glad to hear you have found a workaround.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: