JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9040 RDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knuckx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: URC-9040 RDF Reply with quote

So, I have got two URC-9040 remotes. These remotes are slightly odd JP1.2 remotes with a dedicated PC RF reciever (URC-3010). An RDF is available in the file section ( http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6907 ); but this RDF is wrong in a few ways, as well as missing image/map.

I have fixed some of the issues in the RDF:
The device button and VPT setting called Dev5 is actually the PC device button (fixed, now named PC).
The device button and VPT setting called PC is actually an inaccessible phantom (fixed, now called Dev3).
The device type called Dev5 is actually the internal type used for the special PC RF protocol (fixed, now named PC).
The device type called PC is actually the DVD type, which has only one built in code, not listed in the manual (fixed, now named DVD).
The Dev5 (DVD) device type was not accessible (fixed, now available via DVD, VCR, Laserdisc).
The selected address for the PC RF feature was not viewable or editable via the RDF (fixed, now in Other Settings).
Device Specific Macros now work correctly.

I have made a image/map pair for the remote as well.

Here is the fixed RDF/image/map: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13536

However, one issue still exists which I don't know how to fix; Macros on this remote are per-device only, and RMIR does not show the device the macro is assigned to. All other parts of the macro are shown correctly. Recording the same macro onto the same key, but while in a different mode produces different contents in the hex view, and the macros only trigger while in the selected mode.

Recording Up, Up ($24) onto the MediaCenter key ($0A), in STB mode (1st device) produces:
Code:
 0A 80 02 24 24

Recording Up, Up ($24) onto the MediaCenter key ($0A), in TV mode (2nd device) produces:
Code:
 0A 81 02 24 24

The 3rd device is a inaccessible phantom.

Recording Up, Up ($24) onto the MediaCenter key ($0A), in AUDIO mode (4th device) produces:
Code:
 0A 83 02 24 24

Recording Up, Up ($24) onto the MediaCenter key ($0A), in PC mode (5th device) produces:
Code:
 0A 84 02 24 24

The lower nibble of the 2nd byte is obviously the device the macro is on, but how do I represent this in an RDF?

Last edited by Knuckx on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try adding this to the RDF

[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0
Knuckx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has worked, macros appear as Special Functions, of type DSM. I am updating the first post and RDF file.

Can this RDF+image+map be included in the next release of RMIR?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried creating a macro in RMIR and then testing it on the remote to see if it works, and if it does is it global?
Knuckx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created both a DSM and a global (normal) macro in RMIR, and uploaded the config to the remote. The DSM worked correctly. The global macro did not do anything at all, nor did a global macro work correctly with no other keymoves or DSMs present (981'd remote, downloaded, added global, uploaded).

I don't believe this remote can do global macros, as all macros made from the keypad of the remote using 995 (the method given in the manual) are device specific. 978, which should be the 9xx command for device specific macro is not listed in the manual, and entering it causes the remote to exit magic mode.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you need to add this somewhere in the [General] section

MacroSupport=0
Knuckx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, working, and file updated. Thank you.
Knuckx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated again, to fix device aliases, to allow device upgrades using DVD type (type 2) to be created.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for working this out.
I have checked these file into SourceForge so that they will be included in future releases of RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: