JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learning Remote Master

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Learning Remote Master Reply with quote

I am leaning Remote Master. I have questions. I am using the following remote UEI model 1056B01.

1. What is the name of my UEI model 1056B01 remote when it is listed as an "Atlas" remote? What is the exact name of that Atlas remote?

2. Under the tab "Key Moves" there is a column labeled
"EFC-5, Key or Function Name" how do I get it to display FUNCTION rather than EFC-5, or Key?

3. When I see the term "shift" I have no idea what that means, or what it is all about? Could you explain what "shift is all about.

4. What are the steps to erasing the entire remote and starting with no codes at all in the remote?

5. If there is any place I can go to learn Remote Master please direct me. I have studied the JP1 instructions on line. Any other suggestions?

It's not about a code I need. I am interested in learning. Thank you for any help you can give me. Thank you very much.

Steven Kovacs
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this first.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

You're in the wrong part of RM to be looking at functions. You need to be in the device editor for that (make a new Device Upgrade). Just download a device upgrade file from our file section and double click to open in RM's device editor. You'll see all the function names and corresponding EFCs on the Functions tab.

The 981 reset instructions I gave you before will do that and reset the codes to default values, not no codes at all. That is not possible since even 0000 is a valid code.

We can tell you the exact name if you do a signature blink back and tell us the result.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28983.29_Remote_Signature_Blink_Back

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This IR Help PDF file is 5 years old and covers remote master but doesn't touch RMIR. Most of it has been replicated in the wiki, but I find a searchable PDF to be easier to use.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8629

1. See the gude to identifying Atlas remotes.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8508

2. You get to use a function if the keymove is referencing a custom device upgrade.

3. A shifted key is a key that you access by touching the setup key first. The rule for number keys require that you double tap the setup key to access the shifted key.

4. A 981 command erases all upgrades and keymoves. Beware that this will wipe out upgrades that the cable provider added to operate the cable box it came with.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help.

I'm starting to understand some of this thanks to everyone's patient help It's not easy. What is the difference between the program "Remote Master", and the program RMIR, and what program should I be using to move discrete codes into my UEI remote?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVEN KOVACS wrote:
Thank you for the help.

I'm starting to understand some of this thanks to everyone's patient help It's not easy.

That is the truth, it made my brain hurt!

Quote:

What is the difference between the program "Remote Master", and the program RMIR, and what program should I be using to move discrete codes into my UEI remote?

The remotemaster.jar contains both remotemaster(RM) and RMIR.

RM lets you build upgrades.

RMIR lets you manage the remote. RMIR is the replacement for IR.exe
RMIR allows you to:
Upload and download from the remote
Add and remove custom devices
Create keymoves
Create macros
Add and remove learns
Merge extenders
Use special protcols
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: