JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the original Word docs that you used to create the PDFs? If so, you could zip them all together and offer them up in case anyone else wants to make the effort to create new PDFs.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:57 am    Post subject: starting again Reply with quote

When our saved config files had become corrupt over several years we have just had to go back to square one with various URC 6440s.

Had forgotten how it all works but What a Pleasure JP1 and the Extender were to use, with the help of Mathdon's Extender 1.04 manual, and no probs with Java 8 update 381 or Windows 11.

With the odd old files in use and unextended, the urc-6440 R00 and R01 gave no trouble but a R03 remote was not recognised. The plain JP1 was uploaded to the remote anyway in spite of the warning with R03, wiith no obvious ill effects, and the warnings went away once things were converted to the extender; I think there is a posting here about that.

Some old device files, or those downloaded from the OEM remotes, were incomplete or innacurate, so better ones were made using EFC codes from other old files.

The main source for confusion was in the distinction between the titles of some functions and the names of the buttons of the remote to which they were to be applied. At first it had not been appreciated that, e.g. in the Special Functions tab, the term 'Key' refers to the Button and not to the Function.

As usual (re-)learning some of the jargon was needed, but the Extender Manual is so comprehensive that it helped a lot in all areas. I reckon it is a masterpiece Smile
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
the urc-6440 R00 and R01 gave no trouble but a R03 remote was not recognised

Many thanks for your info and comments. I was not aware that there is an R03. Have you managed to put together an RDF by modifying that for one of the earlier versions? I am glad that the extender still worked for it. If you know the signature of the unextended R03 then I can add that into the RDF of the extender so that it is recognised.
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
tranx wrote:
the urc-6440 R00 and R01 gave no trouble but a R03 remote was not recognised

Many thanks for your info and comments. I was not aware that there is an R03. Have you managed to put together an RDF by modifying that for one of the earlier versions? I am glad that the extender still worked for it. If you know the signature of the unextended R03 then I can add that into the RDF of the extender so that it is recognised.

It should be possible to get all the info you need from the original settings.bin file?
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(My last post was Revised and then deleted by mistake in preparing this revision! Confused )

Apologies Graham for the typo, I meant to refer only to the signatures of the three URC-6440 versions R00, R01, R02 and of course there is no 'R03' Confused

At first when the extender did not install properly the light dawned (deleted in editing this: 'when I saw the following post, in its own thread in Extenders', which, upon looking again, was not relevant after all) (Added:) when I saw something here that the different signatures of R00, R01 and R02 required different rdfs, which moght have caused the warning upon uploading to R02. I think I had then downloaded the latest version of the extender when things seemed to have corrected themselves. However I then found not only had I already been using the latest Extender version, but that I had also reinstalled RMIR. I now find that RM1R v3.03 build 14 contains #261202 (URC-6440 R02).rdf in its rdf folder - but whatever it was it's ok now, thanks guys.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:59 am    Post subject: Activity buttons Reply with quote

The special 'ComboCancel' was rediscovered and found most useful.

From the Manual:-
"4.5 Special buttons for macro control
... ComboCancel cancels the current combo (activity) selection and returns the mode to that of the last selected device button."

On one of the activity buttons, Watch Tv or Watch Movie, where ComboCancel is put first in a macro/special function it 'cancels...combo selection' and allows the subsequent macro to behave as it woud on any other button. Nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: