JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

code for my urc 7140 so it works with my roku LT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crossy4480

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: code for my urc 7140 so it works with my roku LT Reply with quote

1. Device: ROKU LT
2. Type of device: SET TOP BOX
3. Year: 2013
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 7140
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? NO
6. Still have original remote?NO
7. Checked the file section? YES
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? YES
9. Partially working setup code? NO
10. Learning remote question? NO
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?YES
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this thread, the Roku LT and many other Roku models use an IR protocol closely related to NEC. The device numbers are 234.194. Some of the latest OneForAll remotes carry the exact Roku IR protocol with setup code Cable/STB 3061 (PID 021A), but even the latest version of the 7140 (there have been 4!) doesn't have this setup code. Nor does it have a setup code with NEC 234.194. All of this means that you can't program your 7140 from the keypad to work with the Roku.

Your choices are to either 1) contact OFA and send your remote in to them to have setup code 3061 added, or 2) get a JP1 flash cable and add it yourself. Of course I recommend option 2. Here's a thread which suggests a couple of vendors.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 was the first year I saw a Roku code in a UEI remote, and it's setup code 03061 (CBL 3061). I'm afraid it doesn't exist on yours. You'll have to get a JP1 cable or borrow a Roku remote to learn from. If you'd rather buy a UEI remote that has it, the Inteset INT-422 would be a good choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: