JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade or learns analysis needed: Uniden TL42TZ1-AW LCD TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Upgrade or learns analysis needed: Uniden TL42TZ1-AW LCD TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Uniden TL42TZ1-AW
2. Type of device: LCD TV
3. Year: 2009 (?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8910B00
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes (brand not listed)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? YES (see notes below)
10. Learning remote question? Possibly
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No

Hi all,

This brand is only sold (I believe) in Australia and NZ.
I have found the config for it in Harmony database (Uniden TL42TZ1-AB, but last B is just a black color, as opposed to my white) and loaded it into my Harmony 200. All works OK. Then I tried to learn few buttons from Harmony into my 8910B00. I learned four buttons, but none of those buttons have been recognised by RMIR. All four learned buttons on 8910B00 work fine with the subj TV.

I have saved that 8910B00 remote rmir image file with the learned buttons and uploaded it to HERE. Can someone please analyse that file and tell me the protocol/device/subdev codes for those four buttons , thank you, and I'll take it from there.
Just read the long description for the uploaded file, tnx.
I can learn more buttons if needed - just tell me if you want me to.

Better still, if someone has a readily available JP1 upgrade for that TV and can share, that'd be easier.

Thanks a lot,
:-DS
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened your rmir file and dumped it out into an IR file so I could look at the timings. The IR sumary report shows this is a simple 16 bit signal

{37.6k,562,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(4,-2,A:16,1,-25.1m)+

17 {A=0b0101000000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
18 {A=0b1111000000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
19 {A=0b1010100000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
20 {A=0b1000100000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m

To figure out how to create an upgrade for this, it would be best to see all the signals, to make sure those last 8 bits remain fixed over the range of the signals. Also if we see the complete list, its easier to figure out if the signal is best interpreted as LSB or MSB.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I opened your rmir file and dumped it out into an IR file so I could look at the timings. The IR sumary report shows this is a simple 16 bit signal

{37.6k,562,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(4,-2,A:16,1,-25.1m)+

17 {A=0b0101000000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
18 {A=0b1111000000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
19 {A=0b1010100000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m
20 {A=0b1000100000100000}; Alt leadout form: ^50m

To figure out how to create an upgrade for this, it would be best to see all the signals, to make sure those last 8 bits remain fixed over the range of the signals. Also if we see the complete list, its easier to figure out if the signal is best interpreted as LSB or MSB.
Thanks Vicky. I'll learn as many buttons as I can and upload again.
Thanks for doing this.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that now, Vicky.

The new image file is uploaded HERE.

NOTES:
1) The only button that didn't fit into learning memory was "0". Let me know if you need it and I'll add another file. All other (functional) buttons from Harmony 200 are there.
2) The following buttons on the Harmony don't do anything (IR LED remains dark when you press those buttons), so they obviously have not been learned:
EXIT, GUIDE, REW, FF, PLAY, PAUSE, STOP, REC
3) I have put the learned button names of Harmony200 into the column "notes" in "Learned signals" tab.
4) Don't get confused with "successfully" recognized NEC1 protocol for "INPUT" button of Harmony - that button doesn't actually do anything on my Uniden TV, so it's obviously assigned with the wrong code (by Harmony)

If you want me to do anything else, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went to save the upgrade, I found that I had already saved a protocol named Uniden. Sure enough I had created an similar protocol to operate another Uniden STB.

{37.6k,580,lsb}<1,-1|1,-3>(4,-2,F:8, D:8, 1-26.2m)+; Alt leadout form: ^50m

Not sure of the IRP, it uses time out as total

Try this upgrade and see how it looks.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13464

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

Loaded your upgrade into my 8910B00, and none of the buttons work.
Sorry.

Note that I am still using RM v.2.01 (not sure if that's relevant).

Thanks,
:-DS
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalk that up to poor eyesight, I thought the device was 2 when the 1 was really in the 4 position..

BTW on the Harmony, you should check the button assignment on the Uniden to make sure that they assigned all the functions. If you click on the button, you can see what function is assigned, and if an item is dark on the function list, it hasn't been assigned.

I updated the upgrade, same link.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Chalk that up to poor eyesight, I thought the device was 2 when the 1 was really in the 4 position..

BTW on the Harmony, you should check the button assignment on the Uniden to make sure that they assigned all the functions. If you click on the button, you can see what function is assigned, and if an item is dark on the function list, it hasn't been assigned.

I updated the upgrade, same link.
Thanks Vicky, I'll try it when I get back to the setup (away from it now).

I'll check the Harmony button assignment, but if the IR LED doesn't go ON upon the button press (you can tell that by shining the remote into your smartphone camera) then that button most likely has no assignment (considering the button works for other devices...)

I will report the results of both actions above when I get them done. Watch this space.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Vicky, the updated upgrade doesn't seem to work either.

I noticed that unlike for your first upgrade yesterday, when I load this new upgrade today, the tab "Protocols" remains blank (yesterday, a new protocol were getting added into there).

Am I doing anything wrong?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong on my end or your end.

I am not known for my accuracy, just my tenacity. I think I did everything right, but I'll check by downloading the upgrade and using RMIR.

I loaded up the learn into an Atlas and compared the signals before doing the second upload. The bumps were in the right place but there is a slight variation in the frequency. I thought that would be okay, because the timings worked with another Uniden device using this Uniden protocol.

If that miniscule variation is too much, then I'm going to need to shoot this learn from a S3C3 instead of an S3C8+ to make sure the timings work are tweaked more closely. The problem is all my s3c8 remotes take AAA batteries and I only have AA batteries on hand.

I'll need to go shopping if my review of my process doesn't yield a problem.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

А bit of a good news for a change.

Vicky, I loaded your "updated upgrade" into the different remote (Comcast 1067Bx JP1.3) and it works fine!

I have already figured out the OBC codes for the rest of the buttons and placed the most complete upgrade here.

Could you please check after me, and if OK, make it available in Upgrades section.

I also tried loading it into my 8910B00 once again, and again it doesn't work.
Maybe this has something to do with JP1 vs JP1.x ?

Thanks a lot for your great help. As usual.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad it is working with the Comcast. There is the possibilitiy that the timing is slightly different on the s3c8 and s3c8+. Typically a device will accept a wide range of timing fluctuations, although some (like the f12 drapes ) are extremely sensitive. This is not usually the case.

Can you post the RMIR file for that 8900, so I can see if something went wrong with the import on your end. I beleive you are working with an older verison of RMIR. Mathdon worked very hard to get RMIR to start working with custom protocols, and I'm not sure what version number he was at when the bugs were worked out. It used to be that RMIR would get really sick with custom protocols. Its still not real friendly when it comeds to custom protocols, but 2.03 imported the KM file correctly.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the RMIR files, could you try learning the signals from the URC-8910 so we can compare them to the original learns.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky and Rob,

The rmir image of non-working 8910B00 with Vicky's updated upgrade is HERE.

BTW, I also (just as a test) loaded the same upgrade into my old URC 11-7950 (JP1.3) and it works fine too.

Rob, I thought yesterday about doing what you've requested. At the moment, that 8910 is the only learning remote I have around here.
I would have to use the mirror somewhere at Neptune or Uranus, to quickly switch the 8910 into the learning mode while the IR signal is coming back... :-)

Or find another learning JP1 remote, which looks like a better option.
I will post the learned 8910 "non-working" signals as soon as I get my hands on one.

Oh, regarding the s/ware tools: I am using RMIR v2.01 - I don't mind upreving it to the latest v2.03, but is there a version of 2.03 which just installs from an EXE file and runs as an EXE file, rather than doing all this mucking around with JAVA installs.
I remember that for v2.01, there were two installation variants: EXE install and JAVA install. I strongly prefer the former one.

Thanks.
--------------------------

On the slightly diff subj: I know that's an epic fail, but I haven't found on this site the location of master XLS spreadsheet where all JP1 remotes are listed (the one with there CPU types, ROM sizes, links to the manuals etc.).
Can you please refer me to where it is. Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its is your version of RMIR that is most of the problem. It scrambled all the data, lost the LSB and changed the value of the fixed data, no wonder it didn't work. I nagged mathdon nearly to death over those bugs way back when. So you need to update your RMIR.

Also you had a problem on the Power and Menu buttons as you have Nec1 learns blocking the Uniden signals.

I would have looked farther, but I can see the RMIR problem.

Also one of the reasons I wanted to see the RMIR, is I have an 8910 so I could have loaded this up and checked the signals on my end, that is if I had remembered to get batteries when I was shopping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: