JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remapping Keys?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eurobuff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Remapping Keys? Reply with quote

Hi, I have 2 Slingbox Pro HD boxes, and I can control everything perfectly with the iPhone Slingplayer app, but on the IPad app certain crucial keys are missing. I also use the Android tablet version which has the same keys missing. Is it possible to re assign unused keys on the existing remotes? There are 2 devices that are affected. Technomate TM5402 (which I think the remote I've got is a custom remote), the other is Panasonic DMR-EX86 DVD recorder (which I'm using a standard Sling remote). The keys all exist in the iPhone version, some of them are custom keys, others are correctly titled but don't show on the IPad or Android versions. Just to make it more fun, i have recently changed my computer, and now have a Windows 8 computer, and have never run the Slingplayer app on it. I do have all the files though from when I ran it in my XP computer.

I have now installed and run Slingpkayer 2.0.4 on my Windowc 8 computer
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I will be able to help, but not till next week as I am vacation at the moment. Just list EXACTLY what function you want on each button and I will see what I can do.
eurobuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Yes, I will be able to help, but not till next week as I am vacation at the moment. Just list EXACTLY what function you want on each button and I will see what I can do.

Thanks for that, I'd really appreciate it. On my:

Panasonic DMR EX86 the buttons that are missing from the iPad remote are:
Title Menu (showing on the iPhone app as "Title Menu"
Function Menu (showing on the iPhone app as "Setup Menu"
Input (showing on the iPhone as "EXT - External"
also the Record is missing (showing on the iPhone as Record (Red Circle), although this isn't as important as the other 3 buttons. When I've looked at my settings I have this set up as a DVD Player - Panasonic DMR E50, but all the functions are on the iPhone and do work. I would imagine this is why the Record button doesn't show, but I couldn't get any of the Panasonic DVR's to work at all.
The unused buttons on the iPad remote are "back arrow left & right" underneath the "pause", the "angle" button, also at the bottom of the remote is an unused "Rpt" button (to the left of "0") and another "back arrow" button to the right of "0".

Technomate TM5402 - This is a custom remote I got from somewhere (file name S2010), I was going to upload this for you but I can't see how to do it. The only button I am missing is "File List" which is assigned to "Custom 19" on the iPhone app. It would be ideal if this could be assigned to the "White" button on the remote, but at the moment it's assigned to "mosaic" which I never use.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the Technomate is easy as you got it from me Very Happy So I've moved Filelist to the White button and the result is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13459

Obviously the Panasonic one is going to be more difficult as it is a Sling-supplied one. Do you want the realistic remote on the iPad or can we build one from scratch to your design using the default image ?
eurobuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
OK, the Technomate is easy as you got it from me Very Happy So I've moved Filelist to the White button and the result is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13459

Obviously the Panasonic one is going to be more difficult as it is a Sling-supplied one. Do you want the realistic remote on the iPad or can we build one from scratch to your design using the default image ?

Hi Alan, Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've tried the file for the Technomate TM5402 but it's the same as the original?? The white key still brings up the mosaic. I added the remote on the web setup initially, which didn't work. Then I tried using the Windows desktop version, the one I had installed was version 2.04 and I couldn't seem to add the remote, but I found version 1.5.1 which did allow me to add it. I put the files in the SBAV folder and then ran the program and typed in S2010 for the remote, which it accepted, but the white button is still the mosaic? I've also got another problem now that my input is now named "custom satellite" I'm sure I had TM5402, but I might be getting confused because I was using your remote.

Regarding the Panasonic DVD recorder, and the remote, I will have whatever is easiest, as long as I can have all the functions I need I don't mind.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you installed it properly as I definitely changed it. Use the instructions I link to in the Readme file, they are much more up-to-date and less prone to errors.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now had a look at the Panasonic. First thing I see is that you don't have a realistic remote, you have the Sling default DVD remote image, which has to be the worst image ever designed. As you will have seen from the instructions I tell users NEVER to use that image.

So I have built what I hope is a comprehensive remote for you at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13461 Make sure it works, then you can remap any functions/buttons you like.
eurobuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for all this help. Firstly the Technomate remote works fine now, brilliant really! Originally I unzipped your new file, but installed the old bin files (duh) I'm not normally this dumb honest.

Secondly, I've tried your new Panasonic remote (It's better than the one I had). All the functions are there on the iPhone app but on the iPad app I have buttons that I don't need or better buttons could be used. Is it possible to switch some buttons on the ipad remote around?

Could the "Last" button on the remote be "custom 15 - Input Select"
The "Guide" button on the remote be "Custom 11 - Record Schedule"
The "Menu" button on the remote be "custom 20 - PlayList"
and finally the "White" button on the remote be "custom 14 - timeslip"
and if the button to the right of "0" could be kept as it is.

The skip doesn't seem to work, but I can manage without that anyway.

Thanks again for this. I really appreciate it.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, all done, same link.
eurobuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All working brilliantly. Thank you very much
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad I could help
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: