JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.03 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks Graham.

Could you also update this copy please, as SF is blocked for me at work:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13495

I have just tried to do so, but it has failed with a message "That file is too big". Are you able to override the size limit, as it is on SourceForge because I was told, by Greg I think, that the full zip file is too large for the forum's file section?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I increased the size limit and loaded the file.

Now back to the subject of the fixes, I am sorry to report that the issue that I reported here is still there.

Here's how to recreate it:
1. Download my modified rdf here (all I did was add an entry to the Special Protocols section)
2. Download the IR file here

If you open the file using IR.exe you can see the Replay_Sel entries in the Special Protocols section, but if you try to open it using RMIR you get two pages of null exceptions and then a message saying that there was an error loading the file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I am sorry to report that the issue that I reported here is still there.

Sorry, Rob, I did not read that posting as a bug report, but as an explanation of why RMIR didn't work with your modified RDF. The difference is that I did not know that user-defined Special Protocols should be supported. The RDF Spec (version 4) says "SpecialProtocolName must be one of the recognized standard names of special protocols" and this is all RMIR currently supports. However, I shall look into adding support for user-defined Special Protocols.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, it's not a biggie either way as it does work in IR.exe, but if left "as is", it's one more reason why some of us need to keep IR.exe around, and it would be a drawback for people with remotes that IR doesn't support.

And I'm not looking for fancy GUI support for user-entered special protocols, I'm just looking for RMIR to not blow up. ideally, they should be listed along with the other SPs in the SP tab, but 2nd choice would be for RMIR to ignore the SP setting and list them in the Keymoves tab. Either way is better than having the program blow up as that forces me to keep 2 RDF libraries, one for IR and one for RMIR.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Ah ok, it's not a biggie either way

It's no biggie for me either. I've almost sorted it already and should have a revised jar file for you to test by tomorrow.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thanks Graham.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, please try this replacement RemoteMaster.jar file. Just replace the one in build 10 with this. It will show as build 11. As far as I can tell, this gives the same support for user-defined Special Protocols as does IR.exe.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham, works perfectly!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted build 12 of RMIR v2.03. This new build is available both as a complete installation file and as an upgrade to any of the earlier builds, both from the link just given. Note that build 11 was not publicly released, so this is the first update since build 10.

The main changes from build 10 are:
  • Non-standard Special Functions are now supported
  • A bug is fixed that was preventing the extenders for URC-6440 and OARUSB04G from installing correctly on versions of these remotes with signatures other than 257001 (URC-6440) or 257601 (OARUSB04G)
  • Updates to RDFs for the URC-6440 and OARUSB04G extenders to support the additional signatures known for these remotes.
The bug referred to here was preventing proper installation of the URC-6440 extender on either the first release R00 or the recent new release R02 of the remote. For the OARUSB04G it was preventing proper installation on the first release, which shows in the RMIR title bar as OARUSB04G 4000. See this thread for more details of this bug, and how to fix it if you have suffered from it.

If I have missed any other bugs, please post a note in this thread about them.

Last edited by mathdon on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted build 14 of RMIR v2.03. This new build is available both as a complete installation file and as an upgrade to any of the earlier builds, both from the link just given. Note that build 13 was not publicly released, so this is the first update since build 12.

This is a substantial update to build 12 that includes documentation changes and a major revision of protocols.ini as well as revisions to a number of RDFs and fixing a number of bugs in RemoteMaster itself and adding a new option to it.

The documentation updates are:
  • The "Getting Started" section of the Readme, menu Help > Readme, was so old that it pre-dated the creation of RMIR. It has been brought up to date.
  • The DecodeIR documentation opened by the RMIR menu item Help > Interpreting Decoded IR Signals has been substantially updated.

The protocols.ini revisions are:
  • The completion of entries for 22 executors that until now were only listed by their PID. These are executors that have been found to generate protocols already recognised by DecodeIR but which had either no known official UEI executor or which are newly identified variants or new combo executors.
  • The addition of 10 variants of existing executors that are no-repeat forms used exclusively by Slingbox files. These are not loaded by default but are instead accessed by a new item "Show Slingbox protocols" on the Options menus of RM and RMIR. If you need these protocols, check this item. This is a persistent setting and these protocols will then be loaded in all subsequent invocations of RM or RMIR.

A number of obscure bugs have been identified by users in build 12 that have been fixed and tested in a trial build 13. These have been described in various threads as they have arisen and will not be detailed here. These fixes are now incorporated into this official release of build 14. If any bugs have been overlooked, please report them in this thread.
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, it's looking amazing. I can't believe how much you're matured the project over time. Top notch work sir...top notch indeed.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Problem with Multiplex in build 14 Reply with quote

There was a question posted about Multiplex here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=124852#124852

I just opened a file of mine created earlier and found that the Multiplex Special Function is appearing incorrectly as the user posted. I opened the same file using build 10 and it is OK. I don't have intermediate builds to see exactly where things went south.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Multiplex in build 14 Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
There was a question posted about Multiplex here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=124852#124852

I just opened a file of mine created earlier and found that the Multiplex Special Function is appearing incorrectly as the user posted. I opened the same file using build 10 and it is OK. I don't have intermediate builds to see exactly where things went south.

Sorry about that. The bug was inadvertently introduced in build 12 as a result of adding support for non-standard special functions. Please try draft build 15 which should fix this bug. This draft consists of two files to replace the corresponding ones in build 14. One is RemoteMaster.jar which contains the bug fix, the other is a replacement protocols.ini which is needed due to other improvements that are incorporated in the draft.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Sorry about that. The bug was inadvertently introduced in build 12 as a result of adding support for non-standard special functions. Please try draft build 15 which should fix this bug. This draft consists of two files to replace the corresponding ones in build 14. One is RemoteMaster.jar which contains the bug fix, the other is a replacement protocols.ini which is needed due to other improvements that are incorporated in the draft.
Yes, that looks like it fixed it. Thanks very much.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version of the JP1.4 interface has been discovered, which I have named JP1.4N, that cannot be read by the RMIR v2.03 builds. This has prompted the development of a new version, v0.21, of jp12serial and consequent updating of the RMIR .jar file and various supporting files.

Due to this substantial batch of updates, I think it time to stop the build sequence of RMIR v2.03 and start a new one as RMIR v2.04. I have posted RMIR v2.04 build 1 in the RMIR Development area of SourceForge for anyone to try, with the usual development proviso that it is at your own risk. It is a full installation package that should be unzipped into a new folder that is separate from any you use for v2.03. It includes provisional RDFs for the two remotes, URC-6820Z Zapper+ and Virgin Media URC174001-00R00, that have been found to use JP1.4N and also map and image files for the URC-6820Z. It also includes 32-bit and 64-bit binaries of jp12serial 0.21 for each of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

Please report any bugs or other comments in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: