JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Don't understand button tab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Don't understand button tab Reply with quote

On the Help>Tutorial wiki page it says that the Button column corresponds to the buttons on the universal remote, and the function button corresponds to the original remote.

I downloaded a simpleset profile an it lists a handful of functions, a few of which aren't associated with any button on the remote. But when I try to assign those functions from the buttons tab it is listing the universal remote buttons, not the functions listed in the function tab.

I don't understand this behavior at all, but I tried dragging the "Red" Available Function on to the "button52" Button. It did nothing and that is the opposite of what the wiki says and doesn't really make sense anyway. How do I sign the button52 functions to a button on the remote?

RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 28 build 18
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this and following posts for a brief explanation of button51 to button65.
vook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Read this and following posts for a brief explanation of button51 to button65.

Thanks for this you saved me a bit of time trying to figure out what those are.

I still don't understand why the Buttons tab is not showing the functions from the Functions tab under Available Functions though, as shown in the screenshot.

The screenshots on the Wiki page seem to be right, but mine seem wrong.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vook wrote:
...I still don't understand why the Buttons tab is not showing the functions from the Functions tab under Available Functions though, as shown in the screenshot...
Yes that does look wrong. I just noticed that, with an OARUSB04G image including 4 devices already set up, when RMIR first opens it to show the General page, there are just two devices shown. Under the Device tab, six upgrades are shown correctly and upon reverting to the General page the four devices also appear correctly.

I suppose that my image may be corrupted in some way but apart from that glitch it seems to work ok, as does RMIR, so perhaps you could try switching to various tabs to see if things might fall into place in a similar way, or reset the remote at Simpleset.com and try another download from the reset remote?

btw I have got used to doing the setups under the Layout tab, which seems easier, does that page look ok?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tranx, vook

I will look into your issues if you post the files concerned, so that I can reproduce the behaviour you see. But let me correct one misunderstanding:

Quote:
On the Help>Tutorial wiki page it says that the Button column corresponds to the buttons on the universal remote, and the function button corresponds to the original remote.

The universal remote has no idea what the names are on the original remote and it does not contain any function names. It does not even contain the names of its own buttons, RMIR takes those from the RDF.

When you download from a universal remote, the functions are named after the buttons on the universal remote to which they are assigned. If you create an upgrade with RM/RMIR, then you can name the functions after the buttons on the original remote, or give them any other names of your choice, but those names are stored only in the .rmir file. They are not passed to the remote on an upload.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon, thank you ... ah yes!
edit: apologies if you have started looking at this already, because there is no need!
The supposed 'glitch' described above was just due to the way the window for device buttons in the opening General window was displayed, with my particular window settings for RMIR. I now find that the slide bar arrows at the right of the window can be used to display the rest of the configured device buttons, which shows there is nothing functionally wrong at all: if RMIR happened to open at a small enough size it was just a result of the extra text in the middle, about creating a missing upgrade, that the initial display appeared to be inconsistent with how the General page was displayed afterwards.

Vook, according to mathdon's explanation, have you tried using the button, in the middle of the General page of RMIR, 'create missing upgrade' which probably becomes 'un-greyed out' after you have downloaded from the remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: