JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440 and Denon-K discrete Power On Off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: URC-6440 and Denon-K discrete Power On Off Reply with quote

Hi!
I purchased a Denon PMA 1520 amlifier and downloaded corresponding file with IR codes from denon site.
All Keys use Protocol Denon-K Device 7 Subdevice 1.
All keys work except for 2, the discrete Power On and the discrete Power Off .
If I add these 2 keys to my device upgrade, the remote stops responding to any key.

My Remote is the URC-6440 R01
The RMDU, RMIR and XLS file with IR Codes can be found at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13050

The RMDU file has only 3 functions - Power Toggle, Power On, Power Off.
If I delete Power On and Power Off the Power Toggle works.
If I leave Power On and Power Off the whole remote doesn't work.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided to get these two functions to work.

Thank you
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand you correctly? Are you saying that if you load the .rmir file you posted into your URC-6440 then the remote does not work? I have loaded it into my URC-6440 and the three assigned buttons, Ch+ = Power, Ch- = Power Off, Power = Power On, all send the Denon-K signals assigned to them. I have tested this with an IR Widget and IRScope.

If your .rmir really does not work in your remote, you might try refreshing the firmware by loading a settings.bin file containing a factory reset. You can download this from the Restore Remote button on Simpleset.com, or there is one contained in the zip package for my URC-6440 Extender v1.00. You don't need to install the extender, just follow the instructions for uninstalling it (which just puts it back into its factory reset state when new).
Balay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon, thank You!
I have refreshed the firmware and reuploaded the .rmir file and now these 3 buttons are sending signal. But only Power (Ch+) is recognized by the amplifier. Could You please check if I correctly translate Power On and Off codes from the Denon Ir Code list in .Xls file (last tab) to the Denon-k OBC? I 've installed your extender and tried to enter EFC5 of these 3 buttons directly via double-shift, but even Power (61882) doesn't work. EFC5 of Power Button of my TV works fine Surprised
By the way, is it possible to use discrete Power codes when I press Power Button in Combo Mode? I've readed about ToadTog but hardly understand how to combine it with Combo Mode.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see, you have translated the codes from the spreadsheet correctly. The hex value in the Device Upgrade Editor is the complement of bytes 4 and 5 from the spreadsheet. However, I am not a protocol expert. There are others, such as 3FG, who may be able to help you with the discrete codes.

I don't understand why entering the EFC5 value 61882 does not work for you. I have tested this EFC on my 6440 and checked that it does send the correct signal. Are you sure you had the right device button selected (Extra, in your posted .rmir) and did not take too long entering the value (there is a time-out, but I am not sure how long it is). You should get a short flash on the first four digits - you don't have to hold the key till the flash ends, but if you do, it confirms that the digit has been accepted as part of the EFC - but on the fifth digit the LED will light for as long as you hold the key, with the signal being sent continuously while you hold it.

The Power button in Combo mode has a special behaviour, as described in section 4.4 of my extender manual. You cannot put a ToadTog or other macro on it. You CAN put a ToadTog on any other button in combo mode. But I am not sure what it is you are trying to do. You have codes now for power on, off and toggle (or will have, when we have figured out the correct code for you). A ToadTog is normally used to create discrete codes from a toggle, or a toggle from discrete codes, and you don't need to do either. If you mean can you get the Power button in combo mode to send the Power On signal instead of Power toggle, yes, that is what it will do if you have the Power On function assigned to the Power button.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the Power On and Off signals are properly constructed. Is it possible that the spreadsheet has an error? Or Denon ended up not implementing Discrete On/Off?
Balay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG
Thank You! Now I think it is possible that the spreadsheet has an error, although I have downloaded it from the official EU Denon site
http://assets.eu.denon.com/DocumentMaster/UK/PMA_DCD1520AE_1500RE_IR_CODE_V01.xlsx. I'll try to write them to clarify if the spreadsheet is correct or my device doesn't understand these codes.
mathdon
Thank You, I did not press the device button before entering the EFC code, now this EFC code is working fine.
Does the Power button in Combo mode just send functions assigned to the Power button to every device? My primary goal is to press only one button to Power On all devices, select the correct input on the reciever and select the media player as the current device. I'm not sure now if I have to use Combo mode for it. Can You please advise me how to do it better ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balay wrote:
Does the Power button in Combo mode just send functions assigned to the Power button to every device? My primary goal is to press only one button to Power On all devices, select the correct input on the reciever and select the media player as the current device.

The Power button in Combo mode sends the code assigned to the Power button for every device that is assigned to some button in that Combo mode. When I say it sends the code, that means that even if you have a macro on the Power button for a device, it will send the underlying code and not the macro, so there is no round-about way to get a macro sent by the Power button in Combo mode.

What I have done is to put a macro on the Combo button to do the input selection. If the receiver is already on, then pressing the Combo button followed by the Power button will do it all. If the receiver is off, then I have to press the Combo button a second time after Power has turned it on. Note that with my extender, a macro on a Combo button is performed after the combo mode is selected, but without my extender it is performed before the combo mode is selected.

That is OK for me, but if you really want only one button press then you could put a macro on the Combo button that turns on the devices and then selects the input. Then you never have to press the Power button. This makes sense, however, only if you can find the discrete-on codes for your devices as otherwise you may turn something off rather than on.

That's the best that I can suggest.
Balay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denon has just confirmed this model doesn't have Discrete On Off. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: