JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Setup-9-7-5 Learning Fail on Atlas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metal450

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Setup-9-7-5 Learning Fail on Atlas Reply with quote

Hey all,

Apologies for the question that's been discussed so many times before...but I've been reading and reading, & none of the other solutions seem to resolve my issue.

I've got an Atlas 1056B01 remote, and just can't get learning to work:

1) Started by clearing all memory: Setup-981
2) In a darkened room (no sunlight, flourescent lights, etc).
3) Brand new batteries in the remote.
4) Setup-975; mode button blinks twice (ok so far)
5) Press destination button to teach. Mode button begins flashing rapidly. I presume this means that my remote should indeed have learning capability...?
6) Line up source remote 2" away, press & hold button to learn. I'm careful not to start pressing until after the Atlas' device light has begun to flicker rapidly.
7) Device light gives ONE LONG FLASH, indicating there was an error. It should've given two long flashes to indicate success.

I've tried it with four different teaching remotes (Vizio TV, Sony receiver, Sony TV, cable box), probably a dozen times each. It just doesn't seem to want to learn.

Any thoughts? Is there something else I could be missing...?

Thanks much in advance! Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the flashing means nothing. 99% of Atlases have no learning capability. It's still on the chip, hence the flashing, but there is no circuitry to store the learns. Sorry

The good news is there are tons of great, cheap JP1 remotes out there which can learn. Check out the remote chart in the Wiki above.
metal450

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's too bad - so then I guess it's safe to assume that this remote can't learn? I don't suppose there's a command I can use to have it "tell me" if it can learn or not?

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much proven it can't, but here's some more info on how to tell:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9422
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what kind of signals were you trying to capture? Perhaps we can accomplish something with keymoves.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
metal450

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was going to be my next question (subject to the answer to the previous, that the remote definitely can't learn): I'd actually tried that first, but couldn't find any advanced codes that work. I've got a Sony V444ES receiver, and I'm trying to get discrete power on, discrete power off, and the level +/- buttons to adjust the subwoofer volume.

The device code I'm using is 1058, but it seems like a whole bunch are able to power the receiver on/off (i.e. 1258, etc).

Based on my understanding of advanced codes, and what I found here (http://www.hifi-remote.com/codes2/amp_0158.shtml), I was trying:

Audio->Hold Setup->994->Setup->00109 (for Discrete Off)->button-to-assign. I get the double-flash, but no reaction from the receiver when I then try the button.

I'm not sure I'm understanding those listings correctly, but I *think* they're saying that they're advanced codes for receivers with device code 0158. I googled for advanced codes for every device code I tried that was able to power the receiver on/off - but couldn't get anything that worked.

I assume it's just an issue of not having the right codes...but I've looked high and low and can't figure out what to use... :/
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio 1058 uses the Sony Combo 12/15/20 executor, while 0158 is a Sony 12/15 executor. The Atlas doesn't carry 0158.
The data I have for the STR-V444Es is that no discrete power signals are listed (but its worth trying anyway), and the Rear Level signals are on device 144.

Using 1058, try these EFCs
Power On 43469
Power Off 42445
Sleep 15053 (the Lookup Tool has this one)
Rear Level down 52684 (144, OBC 79)
Rear Level up 53708 (144, OBC 78)
metal450

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those codes worked!! Amazing, thanks so much Very Happy

Just one thing: rather than rear level up/down, is there one for subwoofer level up/down? If not, there *is* a generic "level up/down" on the existing remote, such that if I leave "sub woofer" selected, that's what it controls - so that'd be the next best thing Smile

Is there some online reference that's available that I could use to find other codes that'd work for my model?

(Oh, and I don't really know what "144, OBC 78" means - if that's relevant Wink)

Thanks again Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a number of possibilities, but try
07117 Subwoofer Level +
06093 Subwoofer Level -
metal450

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, unfortunately those subwoofer codes didn't work :/ Any other possibles?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to download RemoteMaster and learn how to use it. http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_rcvr.htm is an excellent resource to get device numbers and function (OBC) numbers for Sony equipment. Start RemoteMaster (a little simpler to use than RMIR which is used to upload to the remote--and you don't have an interface cable anyway), select the Sony Combo 12/15/20 protocol executor. On the Functions tab, enter in a device number and OBC (function number) from the above Sony code page. RemoteMaster will calculate an EFC to use. Start with the device number and OBCs given above and verify that you get the same OBCs before trying new possibilities.
metal450

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah cool! So that's how you get the codes - I'd seen reference to RM, but just assumed it was *only* for programming over a cable.

Regarding:

Quote:
On the Functions tab, enter in a device number and OBC (function number) from the above Sony code page.

I don't find any reference to "OBC" on that page, but I'm guessing OBC is the number shown next to each function, i.e. for Subwoofer Level +/-, OBC is 92 & 93? But then, what do I put for device - is it any of 16, 13, 12, 18, etc from the top of the page?

Quote:
Start with the device number and OBCs given above and verify that you get the same OBCs...

Start with the OBCs and verify I get the same OBCs...? Question

Quote:
...before trying new possibilities

Finally, for my device, I tried entering 1058 in the "device" column - but RM wouldn't take it. Wouldn't even let me leave that column with the cursor...

Thanks so much again for the help Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device number is shown on the Sony page as e.g. 16; 48. Sony receivers can respond to one of two device numbers generally separated by 32. Your receiver seems to respond to the 1st of the device numbers, usually this is termed as responding to AV1. The signals which we already know have device numbers of either 16 or 144, and those should be entered in the device column. So the Subwoofer codes 92 and 93 should be associated with device 16. (But we've already tried these with EFCs 07117 and 06093.) There are several device 144 signals which may work.

I meant to write: start with the device number and OBCs given above and verify that you get the same EFCs.

1058 is a setup code. These are an label to a page of information including the IR protocol type, the device, subdevice, and OBCs, and which buttons these are assigned to, etc. Not to be confused with a device number.
metal450

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, that all makes sense. Just two small confusions:

Quote:
start with the device number and OBCs given above and verify that you get the same EFCs

Same EFCs as what? Is there another listing somewhere I'm missing with some EFCs - or you just mean confirm with the EFCs you supplied before, to make sure I'm doing it right? If so, yup, I got 07117 & 06093 Smile

Quote:
There are several device 144 signals which may work.

I don't see anything listed as 'subwoofer' under that 144 part of the chart (?)

I was able to get "left" and "right" (OBC 122 = EFC 61644) working to adjust the sub, provided I leave the that as the 'last-used' selection. I.e. if I adjust front/rear/center/etc, left & right adjust those - but if I never change it, they'll adjust sub. Not ideal, but way better than nothing - unless there's another option I missed Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If so, yup, I got 07117 & 06093
Good, that means were on the same page.
Quote:
I don't see anything listed as 'subwoofer' under that 144 part of the chart
Yes, but there are other functions which increase or decrease a level. Perhaps Sony used one of these signals to control the subwoofer. Or you may have to systematically try all 256 possible OBCs for device 144 (assuming the subwoofer is adjusted using 144). Or you could try the subwoofer command in device 18.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: