JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast jp2 remote requires reboot after download/upload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosstalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Comcast jp2 remote requires reboot after download/upload Reply with quote

This isn't a major problem--I noticed that my comcast jp2 remote seems dead (no blinks responsive to button presses) after a download or upload. Multiple downloads/uploads work even though the remote seems dead connected or disconnect from the interface cable (so it's not dead, just not blinking as expected). Removing/replacing the batteries restores normal function.

I posted another thread about how I am having a problem with jp12serial 0.20 working with RMIR so I am using 0.19. Maybe this problem doesn't exist with library version 0.20.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of interface cable are you using? I know there have been problems when interfaces with a Prolific chip are used with JP2 remotes. I understand that only those with an FTDI chip are certain to work. It seems that your remote is not exiting from data transfer mode (or whatever it is called) and a problem with the interface cable seems the most likely cause to me.
crosstalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I am using an interface with a cloned FTDI (cheap ebay stuff). I have a genuine FTDI also, but I haven't tested it yet. It's an eval board with header pins so I need to make up a cable to test with.
crosstalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is solved also with the new install of mac os yosemite and jp12serial 0.20. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: