JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha RX-V575 Receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benjamintm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V575 Receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: Yamaha RX-V575
2. Type of device: Receiver
3. Year: 2013
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RS 15-2117
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, Yamaha combo special 4
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything

Hi All,
I'm trying to get my Yamaha RX-V575 working with all of the HDMI outputs. I've been using the "Yamaha combo special 4" with my HTR-5063 with great success (Thanks Robman). Now that I've upgraded, I want to be able to access the additional HDMI ports.

I've can learn the codes, but I haven't been able to integrate them into the upgrade. You can see the capture here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12439

I was able to find the codes on awe-europe.com/ir_232.html at:

http://www.awe-europe.com/documents/Control%20Docs/Yamaha/IR_RX-Vx75_375-775.zip

but I'm at a loss on how to convert them.

Any help is appreciated.

Ben
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what is meant by "Yamaha combo special 4". We do have a NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor, which can send all of the Yamaha signals. Since you have captured the signals for your receiver, and we can see that they are NEC1-y1, it is straight forward to enter these decodes into RM using the NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor. In the Ystyle column, select Y1 for these signals. You are using RMIR 2.02a, right? If you're using IR 8.03 or 8.04, make sure that you have DecodeIR.dll v 2.44 in the executable folder. Otherwise you may not get a correct decode.

Or, use Chico Woodhill's spreadsheet that lists the newest Yamaha signals, and gives the Ystyle, device number, and OBC.
benjamintm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Yamaha combo special 4" is a device upgrade for JP1 posted some time ago and what I used. I was able to use Chico Woodhill's spreadsheet to determine the the correct OBC, which allowed me to add HDMI5 to the "Yamaha combo special 4". Now everything is working. Thanks for the help. Time for me to break out that factory sealed 15-2117 I got to celebrate Smile.

I'll post an upgrade for the RX-V3/5/6/775 once I get all the correct codes in.

Ben

3FG wrote:
I'm not sure what is meant by "Yamaha combo special 4". We do have a NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor, which can send all of the Yamaha signals. Since you have captured the signals for your receiver, and we can see that they are NEC1-y1, it is straight forward to enter these decodes into RM using the NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor. In the Ystyle column, select Y1 for these signals. You are using RMIR 2.02a, right? If you're using IR 8.03 or 8.04, make sure that you have DecodeIR.dll v 2.44 in the executable folder. Otherwise you may not get a correct decode.

Or, use Chico Woodhill's spreadsheet that lists the newest Yamaha signals, and gives the Ystyle, device number, and OBC.
LeapFroggie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benjamintm wrote:
I'll post an upgrade for the RX-V3/5/6/775 once I get all the correct codes in.

Hi Ben - Did you happen to finish this project? I've got an RX-V575 on order and it would be great if you could post the updated upgrade. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: