JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1.2 interface using CH340 USB to Serial ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shenson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

The problem was that this board only has a DTR and doesn't bring out RTS to a pin. The function jp12OriginalConnect() only toggles RTS but otherwise looks like it is using the correct procedure for this board.

I made a couple of minor changes to jp12serial so it toggles DTR as well as RTS in the jp12OriginalConnect() and resetRemote() functions and it now seems to work fine at least on Linux.

If anyone is interested it adding this to the official jp12serial I can give more info if needed.

The board I used was a really cheap (probably less than $2 equivalent) CH340G USB serial adaptor board originally used for programming some Arduino boards.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shenson wrote:
The problem was that this board only has a DTR and doesn't bring out RTS to a pin. The function jp12OriginalConnect() only toggles RTS but otherwise looks like it is using the correct procedure for this board.

I made a couple of minor changes to jp12serial so it toggles DTR as well as RTS in the jp12OriginalConnect() and resetRemote() functions and it now seems to work fine at least on Linux.

If anyone is interested it adding this to the official jp12serial I can give more info if needed.

Please post your file in the following folder, clearly labeled as "beta" with some info about what's changed and I'm sure some folks will test it:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=40

shenson wrote:
The board I used was a really cheap (probably less than $2 equivalent) CH340G USB serial adaptor board originally used for programming some Arduino boards.

Do you have any links to where you can get the board?
shenson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from a UK seller but the board looks identical to this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161831365392

It includes six jumper connectors which will fit JP1. I used the usual connections but with DTR connected to reset instead of RTS and the switch set to 3.3v.

I compiled up my modified jp12serial on Windows and it seems to work OK.

I'll upload the modified source file.

I tested it with a URC8350 remote, can't comment of whether it will work with anything else.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP12Serial is intended to handle JP1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2, and 3 remotes as well as IR Widgets. It is written to support various interfaces including USB to serial and transistor based interfaces. Some of these interfaces use the DTR line for purposes other than the Reset pin. Users who wish to test their transistor based interfaces using a modified version of JP12Serial should be sure they understand their interface, especially if they have a JP1.1 or 1.3 remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: