JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't select needed Pioneer Mix protocol in RM 2.03

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Can't select needed Pioneer Mix protocol in RM 2.03 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I don't think this is a particular issue with RM 2.03, it just happens that's the version I'm using. I am trying to use an extended URC8910 with Pioneer Mix protocol variant 3, I posted a file in the diagnosis section (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12893). I can't select the needed variant, I need to send 2 device commands and 3 OBCs, but what RM shows in the DUE is just Pioneer Mix with 2 OBCs. The result is that I can use most commands on the remote but several including my good friends PIP and SLEEP require that third OBC. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one way. Edit your copy of protocols.ini, and change the PID for variant 3 to 01 7F. Change the name from Pioneer MIX to e.g. Pioneer MIX3.
Now it will show up on the drop down list of possible executors in addition to the standard variant 2 Pioneer MIX. Probably you'll need to fill in prefixes for all of the signals which use two commands.
landolfi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the 8910 won't respond to any commands using variant 3. On variant 2 it works with anything that doesn't require the third OBC (94). I'm wondering if I should either abandon the extender or start over, get all the devices working without the extender, then add the extender. But does it make any difference whether I add the device before installing the extender or after?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using IR instead of RMIR, did you remember to copy over the new protocol?
landolfi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: