JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Humax iCord mini Satelite Receiver and PVR 500GB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanB57

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Humax iCord mini Satelite Receiver and PVR 500GB Reply with quote

1. Device: Humax iCord mini
2. Type of device: Satelite receiver and PVR
3. Year: 2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote Model: Slingbox Pro-HD
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?: No
6. Still have an original remote?: Yes.
7. Checked the file section?: Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?: Yes.
9. Partially working setup code?: No.
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, found nothing here.

I had a working remote on my Slingbox Pro-HD for this device (PDR iCord HD) but when I re-configured my devices after attaching a new Sky HD box, the remote no longer worked. I have tried all the Humax remotes with no success, so could you please help me to get my german box working again on my Slingbox.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Humax Icord Remote in the Download section not work ?

(Away for 2 weeks so there won't be any follow on to this till the 15 Oct)
AlanB57

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

As I said in my post, I have been unable to find any remote that will now work including the Humax iCord Remote. I have checked the external IR blaster with a digital camera and there is siganl being sent. I have also noticed that the skin for the iCord remote had changed, whererby some of the wording had changed to German (that in itself not a problem) after I re-attached the remote following the re-configuration on my Slingbox.

Any assistance that you can give would be appreciated.

Regards
Alan
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty standard Humax box, so I am a bit surprised you haven't found a matching Remote.

Try the Humax HDR Fox 2 in the Download section.
AlanB57

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan

I have just tried the Humax HDR Fox 2 from the download section, but unfortunately it didn't work either, all that happens when any of the buttons are pressed is that the picture flickers momentarily and then carries on after refreshing.

Have you any other ideas, as I would really like to get this sorted out.

many thanks

Alan
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my suggestions are in the instructions, including the phrase "...If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless...." Very Happy
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of no help, of course, but it does sound like a receiver problem rather than a sender problem. Did you move the device when reconfiguring things and could "something bad" have happened to its IR receiver? The fact that it used to work and now just flickers is worrying. I recall on the Toppy (Topfield DTV and satellite PVR) forum that some people had problems with their device not always receiving remote signals and it was because of marginal placement of the IR receiver inside the device (basically it had been soldered in slightly squint) which, when moved, had gone just too far out of alignment.
AlanB57

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your attempt to help and if I had actually moved the box I would seriously consider your suggestion that it could be a receiver problem, but the box was never moved and the original remote still works perfectly.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanB57 wrote:
Thanks for your attempt to help and if I had actually moved the box I would seriously consider your suggestion that it could be a receiver problem, but the box was never moved and the original remote still works perfectly.
How about my suggestions ?
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed the bit where you said that the original remote was working fine.
AlanB57

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan

I'm not too sure what it is you want me to say that would help diagnose the problem, all I can say is that I had no problems downloading or installing either of the remote's BIN files that you suggested but when I re-configured the box and tried the remotes as a test during configuration the only thing that happened on pressing any of the buttons, is that the picture would flicker and refresh but nothing more.

Regards

Alan
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just pointing out that in the instructions I specifically ask 8 questions to try and figure out the problem. I'm still waiting for the answers.
AlanB57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you with answers to your 8 questions, but I have been going through the install processes from your guide and while I was checking for signal from the external blaster I noticed that if I rested my phone between the IR blaster and my new Sky box to check the signal, the signal worked and operated the Humax box, so I tried just placing my hand between them, this also worked, it would appear that the signal was somehow being weakened/corrupted so I re-located the box and now have a remote that most buttons work (Fox HDR). I'm not sure if this has been caused by poor IR Receiver in my Humax box or a weakened IR blaster signal from my Slingbox Pro-HD box. The previous remote that I was using before this problem still doesn't work though (Humax Icord HD).

Thanks for your assistance, and I hope that my experience may help someone else with a similar problem.

Alan
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you let me know which buttons are working/not working I can tweak the remote.
AlanB57

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan

Thanks for the offer of tweaking the remote buttons that do not work, but I have attached a remote from the range on offer on the Slingbox Pro-HD set-up as the skin is more akin to the original and so easier to use by my family.

Thanks again.

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: