JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131 Philips DVD750VR DVD/VCR Combo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks521

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: URC-6131 Philips DVD750VR DVD/VCR Combo Reply with quote

I have the above mentioned remote and DVD/VCR combo and when using the DVD code 0539 and VCR code 1181 I can control almost everything I need except for I have no way to switch between the DVD and VCR. On the remote that came with the DVD/VCR it has a button to use the DVD and for the VCR but I can't find a code that will switch between the devices without turning the whole thing off and just one of the devices back on. But since when you leave the DVD on for so long it automadically powers off into VCR mode, I have to turn off the VCR then the DVD back on. Does anyone know a code that will allow me to switch between the DVD and VCR?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built two upgrades for the 740VR a couple of months ago, one for the DVD one for the VCR that you can then map onto the DVD and VCR buttons on your remote. I found that easier than trying to map them all on to one space.

They're in the files area under the DVD header (DVD-740VR). Don't know if that'll work with the 750 though.

You do have to do a few keymoves for the buttons that are common for each function, those are documented in the KM files.

BTW, the 740 from a remote standpoint looks like a DVD and a VCR bolted together. The vast majority of the remote commands have different protocols, device ID's, for each of the devices.

One final thing: When you turn the power on with the toggle, the output is set to VCR. You can use <Play> <Play> as a discrete power on with the DVD play function and it'll set the output to the DVD.

good luck
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's links to Miltie's files:
Philips DVD-740VR DVD only.txt
Philips DVD-740VR VCR only.txt

Hey Miltie, I checked your files and didn't see a VCR/DVD toggle button, or individual select buttons. Are there such buttons on your remote and if so, have you decoded them?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell you the truth, I don't know, I thought I mapped output select from the original remote. Let me take a look t this stuff when I get home. If I didn't map it, I'll learn/map and upload new versions

But, I don't really miss it. powering on by default sets things to VCR, using the play-play as a discrete power on sets the output to DVD.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-ha, so the DVD/VCR button is called "Output Select", in that case you did map it. Socks, the EFC is 047 and it comes from the VCR/1181 setup code.
Socks521

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the 047 code and it doesn't seem to do anything. I didn't see that code in the 2 files Robman linked to. Where did you get that code for the VCR/1181 setup?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socks

it's in the VCR only portion, the last entry on the function tab (remember those files are for the 740, not the 750)

enjoy
Socks521

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I set it to the VCR portion and I tried using the button when the DVD/VCR was in both VCR and DVD modes and I never got any effect. Probably the diffrent model is why those codes won't work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to put some effort into solving this, here's what you could do. You could go down to your local Radio Shack and buy a 15-2116 learning remote. Then bring it home and learn all the buttons that are missing. Next, use IR.exe to see what codes these buttons really use. Then return the remote for a refund.

Alternatively, you could try all of the remaining 256 EFCs for each of the two setup codes that you are using.
Doppleganger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging up an old thread...

I have the DVD750VR also. Got it from Woot, real cheap. So, the issue is the DVD side... and yea, none seem to have the DVD and VCR buttons that are used to switch modes.

I tried learning the commands on my urc8910, so I can make an upgrade for my modified 6131. This remote is more confusing than others I've done. I made an upgrade for the Lite-On 5005x dvd recorder, that worked great.

I guess some tips on this would be what I need. Since when I do the learning there are three EFC numbers... XXX or XXX or XXX is the format.

I got some 6131's real cheap, would like to put them to use.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the single decoded OBC rather than trying to figure out which of the three EFC's is correct. (alternatively, post your learned IR file in the diagnosis area and provide a link here and someone will have a look))

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Doppleganger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i'm trying to do my own, is that the DVD1267 (which is what works for the device in another ofa remote) upgrade on here didn't work for my 6131... probably, because it was for a urc8910... maybe? The button mapping looked correct when using the 6131 template, though.

I'm still kinda new at doing all this, but i'm glad I've gotten as far as I have.

It's a wee bit different than hacking my C64 or C128 computers... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doppleganger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see this damn remote is a mix of RC5 and RC6 protocols, RC6 using Device 4, and RC5 using Device 5.

Lovely.

Now, to build it to use both protocols and devices? Sound complex.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly why I built the upgrades mentioned earlier as two separate devices, one for VCR and one for DVD. Maybe not the most efficient way to do things, but it sure made it easier.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the RC6 ones are for the DVD and the RC5 ones are for the VCR. If this is the case then the best idea is probably to make seperate upgrades, but if you decide you'd rather combine them, there is an RC5/6 combo protocol available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: