JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Having trouble with 2 keys on Denon AVRx2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovityons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Having trouble with 2 keys on Denon AVRx2000 Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Denon AVRx2000 and I learned each key from the original remote and created a Device upgrade.
All Keys decode to Protocol Denon-K Device 4 Subdevice 1.
All keys work except for 2, the info key and the internet radio key. even if I learn those 2 keys the learned keys will not work if I have both the Upgrade protocol for Denon-K and the device upgrade that I created installed.
When I press the keys programmed to those functions the LED does not even light or it goes on and off so fast I need to be in a dark room to see that it even lit.

If I remove either the upgrade protocol or the device upgrade then the learned keys for those two functions work but then I don't have access to any of the other functions. One other way I was able to get those two keys to work was to check the box for "Protocol > FF" in the Upgrade device screen of IR but then only those two keys work and none of the others will work.
I tried creating a second upgrade device for just those two keys and used key moves to assign the functions to the keys I wanted but that did not work.
My Remote is the URC-7800 Cinema. (One for All Cinema 7)
The RMDU file can be found at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12682

I would appreciate any help that can be provided to get these two functions to work at the same time as the rest of the functions for the Denon AVRx2000 Receiver

Thank you
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try mine. Should be almost identical to yours.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12518
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old remotes like the URC-7800 have a bug in the firmware that causes learned buttons to not work under a device button that has a protocol upgrade.

So, we would need to see your IR or RMIR file that contains the learned buttons themselves, to see how they decode.

According to 3FG's upgrade file, the OBCs for the two buttons in question are:
741 internet radio
624 info
ovityons

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mdavej, I will try your upgrade tonight.

The Robman, I uploaded the IR file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12684
Thank you for the info about the firmware bug, I was not aware of that.

Yes the OBC for Internet Radio is 741 and the OBC for info is 624.

I did get the Info key working. I tried the Denon device 0160 that is built into the URC-7800 and found the EFC 213 provides the info function so I was able to add that as a key move. I did not find any efc's in the 0160 device that would provide the Internet Radio function. When I get time I will try Denon Device code 0004 but I don't expect to find an efc in that device for Internet Radio since it's such and old device code.

Kevin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this IR file and see if it works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12686
ovityons

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
try this IR file and see if it works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12686

Yes, The Internet Radio function works with that IR file, what did you do to make it work?

Thank you very much.
Kevin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device upgrade didn't have those functions assigned to any buttons, so I added them and I deleted the two learned functions that would have otherwise blocked them from working.

I also noticed that you were trying to use this device for VPT (volume punch through) but you must have noticed that it wasn't working because you had used some keymoves to fix the volume in TV mode. These old remotes have another bug/feature where VPT doesn't work if the setup code used is not the right type for the device button. Your upgrade used cable mode, so I changed it to receiver mode and deleted the TV volume keymoves. But, as rcvr mode doesn't include the PIP buttons, the upgrade generated keymoves for those buttons instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: