JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Simpleset Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Quickstart RMIR Reply with quote

There is a lot to take in at first but this is an attempt at a quick start, from what I can remember Smile

- Download mathdon's RMIR package from three posts back.
- In the unpacked zip file, click on the file remotemaster.jar, which I think sort-of installs it.
- Click on the shortcut Remote Master.
- When 'map files cannot be found' comes up, browse to Images, a file included in the package.
- When 'RDFs cannot be found' comes up, browse to RDFs, included.
- Connect OARUSB04G with its original usb cable.
- In RMIR, still open, click on the logo for 'download from the attached remote', the fifth button in the third row from the top.
- Click the devices tab, then New, then Open an upgrade (.rmdu file) for each of your devices (from the file section, upgrades).
- Do the configuration you want using the tabs and buttons in RMIR.
- When ready, with the remote connected with the usb lead, click on the logo for 'upload to the attached remote', the sixth button in the third row from the top, and try it out.

Hope I got that right....
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranx, if you need all those steps, something is wrong. Here is a revised version of the opening steps:

- Download the RMIR package from the post before last.
- Double-click Setup.vbs, which creates two shortcuts, "RMIR" and "Remote Master", in the installation folder.
- Double-click the shortcut "RMIR" to open RMIR
- Connect OARUSB04G with its original usb cable

then continue as above.

You do not need to run RemoteMaster.jar before creating the shortcuts. You should not get messages saying that the RDFs or Map files were not found. The shortcut "Remote Master" opens the device upgrade editor RM, not the RMIR application.

You may drag the shortcuts to your desktop to create desktop icons for the RMIR and RM programs.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon, thank you for the corrections and apologies for the mistakes. Yes I confused setup.vbs with remote master.jar, and RM with RMIR as you have helpfully pointed out.
vook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the helpful tutorials. It was very simple to follow these instructions.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised:
Download the latest RMIR package from 'RMIR 2.03 available' thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16086
- Double-click Setup.vbs, which creates two shortcuts, "RMIR" and "Remote Master", in the installation folder.
- Double-click the shortcut "RMIR" to open RMIR
- Connect the remote with a JP1 cable, or Xsight/Nevo/OARUSB04G/URC6440 with their original usb cables.
- In RMIR, still open, click on the logo for 'download from the attached remote', the fifth button in the third row from the top, and see the notes on the same page in RMIR.
- Click the devices tab, then New, then Open an upgrade (.rmdu file) as required for new devices (from the file section, upgrades).
- Do the configuration you want using the tabs and buttons in RMIR.
- When ready, with the remote connected with the usb lead, click on the logo for 'upload to the attached remote', the sixth button in the third row from the top, and try it out.
jsmithee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Pause in Macro? Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried searching for a way to make the remote pause before sending the next key in a macro sequence but came up blank. E.g. key 1, Pause, key 2,key 3, key 4, key 5. Is there a way to do this?

P.S. I scrapped the 7990 and now have a 6440 after listening to mathdon. It's a much better remote.

Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmithee wrote:
I've tried searching for a way to make the remote pause before sending the next key in a macro sequence but came up blank.

See section 12.5 of the extender manual, which is headed Pause and begins "The Pause function enables you to create a delay between two specific keystrokes in a macro." If you've read that and it isn't what you want, then please explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve
jsmithee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. I didn't RTFM for the extender as I don't really need it and didn't want to have to change the List or any other button in to a multi function shift button.

Thanks for your help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pause without an extender, in RM, create a new device using the protocol "Pause Protocol (Special)", or just insert dummy commands from some other device. Each command results in about a one second pause.
jsmithee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now, sending dummy keys did the trick.

Thanks all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: