JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

protocols.ini issue with protocol PID=0098:2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kstrin01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Remote Master and Atlas 1056B03 ext 2.13 Reply with quote

I can't get Remote Master to read my Atlas 1056B01 EXT 2.13 remote. It will load a version of the remote with very little programming, but my remote that is using more than half the available memory will not be read.

I did a RAW read and posted the file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12679

Let me know if any more information is needed to address this.

Thanks,
Kameron
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Kameron

The problem appears to be in protocols.ini, not in RMIR. You have one or more device upgrades with the protocol PID=0098:2. There are two versions of this protocol, JVC Combo, and both appear to be in protocols.ini but with the version numbers the wrong way round.

I have posted here a revised protocols.ini . Your file seems to work fine with that. Please try it.

I would be grateful if other experts could shed light on this error in protocols.ini, in particular how it can have escaped attention for so long. I noticed that your file loaded OK in IR.exe with the un-modified protocols,ini, but I think it pays less attention to version numbers in the RDF than does RMIR.
kstrin01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Thank you for looking into this and figuring it out. I tried it and it appears to function correctly now.

Kameron
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

I would be grateful if other experts could shed light on this error in protocols.ini, in particular how it can have escaped attention for so long.
From what I can see, the versions of protocols.ini distributed with RMIR through version 2.02a have no variant designation for either JVC Combo or for PID 0098. I think even during 2.03 Alpha testing the versions up through Alpha 18 all used the version of protocols.ini which was distributed with 2.02 Beta 1.5. But perhaps I've missed an intermediate version.

The first instance of PID 0098 including a variant designation is 2.03 Alpha 21d with a file date of 6/21/2013. I don't remember any discussion that may have prompted the change.

A large number of RDF files specify 0098:2, but since many (most?) users are still on RMIR2.02a, their protocols.ini file has no variant info for 0098. RMIR 2.02a seems to handle this by allowing the user to select either JVC Combo or PID 0098. The resulting upgrade has a protocol executor upgrade in addition to the device upgrade. Once this upgrade has been uploaded, I suppose that RMIR will read the remote without difficulty by comparing the protocol upgrade in the remote to the one specified in protocols.ini.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that, Dave. I see now that VariantName=2 was added to the [pid: 00 98] protocol entry (which is the wrong one) in SourceForge update 1196 of 6/21/2013. That update was made by me, but I don't think the protocols.ini changes were due to me. The same update added entries for [X10] with PID=01DF and [Konka] with PID=019B and I know nothing about the Konka protocol.

I can't trace the origin of those entries, so the trail goes cold. However, you have clarified why the error concerning PID 0098 has gone un-noticed - it hasn't been there for long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: