JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone have a Panasonic SA-XR25
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a Panasonic SA-XR25 Reply with quote

I bought an xr25 display model from a closing circuit city and they didn't have a remote to go with it. I figured no problem I would just get it from yahoo files. Well there doesn't seem to be one on there.

I sure would appreciate if someone has one please upload it to yahoo. Maybe leave a reply also.

I haven't tried the built in codes yet to see if it has everything already.

I have several jp1 remotes BTW.

Thanks alot.

Update: I just tried all of the panasonic codes listed in my 2104. A couple of them work but I don't have a full set of functions.

I sure hope one of you have this model. Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of device is this? (ie, TV, VCR, etc)
SemperFi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book calls it an AV control recdiever. It is my new surround sound system.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Panasonic SA-XR25 Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
Update: I just tried all of the panasonic codes listed in my 2104. A couple of them work but I don't have a full set of functions.

You added some very important info in that update:

1) You have a learning remote (ie, the 15-2104), so you can easily learn the signals yourself and see what codes they use.

2) You have found some setup codes that work some of the functions. That's useful info to us as it tells us what protocol, device codes, etc to look for.

When you say you tried the files in the Yahoo file section, did you also check the HT folder? I bet one of the Panasonic files there will work.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help robman but as I stated in my first post I didn't get a remote with the unit. I checked all of the the folders in the files section just in case someone uploaded to the wrong section.

Since I now have the protocol I figure I can sit and enter efc codes and probobly find all of the keys available, I am hoping someone can save me some time though. If not all is not lost I will just have to do some number punching. Wink

I don't even have this hooked up yet. I am busy remodeling and I just took some time last night to hook up 2 speakers to make sure the thing worked. So much to do. Smile I probobly have at least a week before I hook it up. Since I can't get the onscreen menu til I hook it up to my tv I am not going to be looking for codes soon.

Like I said just hoping to save a little time.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

First, when you say you checked the Yahoo site. Did you look at upgrades that were for other Panasonic devices. Rob was alluding to the fact that manufacturers are often have consistent signals among devices of the same type.

Second, did you check the advanced codes section of this site. Since you already have the setup code, you can check and see if Rob has a list of the EFCs that go along with the setup code. If your setup code isn't there you can call Radio Shack (the number should be in your 2104's manual) and they will email you a list of the EFCs for your setup code.

We're making these suggestions because it's unlikely that anyone has the exact same device. But these methods have worked in the past and are easier than trying all 256 EFC's by hand.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post what setup codes you found that at least worked some functions, and what buttons on the 15-2104 did what for each of those setup codes.

That would probably tell us which of the Panasonic files in the HT folder will work.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjarboni, No I didn't try any other codes from the download section. I just set it up last night to make sure it worked.

Robman, I tried 4 or 5 codes last night and don't remember for sure which ones worked and what.

As I can remember 0039 worked with the most functions that tried out of the group. Power as well as some of the number buttons would change the input. That was all that I found. As I recall 0518 and 1518 the power button was the only thing that worked. Like I said I didn't spend much time with it. Proboblaly about 15 minutes.

I have taken the system down and I am moving everything out of the room for the remodel. I got some drywall work along with paint, carpet and baseboard. Once I get all of that done I am going to build my home entertainment center. I can't see paying $1500 for a piece of crap. I saw a nice one at the store and the shelves don't even match. Rolling Eyes Not to mention I have an 1876 box grand piano that I have to get out of here. Sad

I don't really have time to hook it up and try everything right now.
Thanks for the input guys.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you do get it hooked up again, re-try those codes and make sure which one works, etc. I'm willing to bet that this device uses the Panasonic protocol with a main device code of 160 and a whole variety of sub-device codes.

I'm also willing to bet that most of the Panasonic files in the HT folder will work it.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find most of these units use Panasonic Protocol, device 160 and multiple sub-devices. The last one I dealt with used eight different sub-devices. BTW, the Panasonic HomeTheater systems in the files came very close to that unit.

As Rob and Jason have both said, if you tell us the setup code we can tell you what device/sub-device combination it is and whether that uses a two byte protocol.

A number of the setup codes for Panasonic are two byte protocols and if so the EFC search method won't work for those and every different sub-device has 256 commands.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Ok, an update Reply with quote

Well it looks like my memory is slipping. Wink

I just hooked up my unit tonight. Code 1518 was the built in code that gave me the most functions. Power, volume and channel worked as expected. numbers 1, 4, 5, 9, and 0 work as probobly discrete codes. They take the input to a certian device.

I downloaded the saht390 from yahoo and I got a few more functions. The numbers worked as expected. I got individual vol control for theater speakers and a couple of others. I am still missing some important functions like band and input selector. There are a couple more but I haven't figured out all of them yet. Certain functions only work in a certain mode.

This is my first device that has required a second byte. I am going to have to go and reread the instructions to get a handle on that. I am thinking I may have to look around the retailers and find one of these units and ask to use the remote to learn on my 2104. Only thing is like the circuit city I bought it from they may not know where it is.

Any input is appreciated.
Are there any other codes that may work? If I remember correctly panasonic makes Technics maybe I can pick up more codes off of one of those codes. Are there any others I can try?

Thanks for all of your help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that you download all the panasonic upgrades in the HT folder and compile a list of all the functions in them (as I bet they are pretty consistent across all the files), which should give you as complete a list of possible functions as you're likely to get. Then load them up into your remote, maybe in multiple upgrades if there are just too many of them, then test them. This way you should be able to come up with a pretty complete list of functions that your device supports, and maybe even discover a few that weren't on the original remote anyway.

Then when all this is complete, if you still find that there are a few functions that you think are missing, see if you can track down an original remote at Circuit City or elsewhere, and capture the signals.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. There is one more to download. What a pain. I figured this would be a lot easier than it is turning out. I guess I didn't save as much as I thought. Smile

I did find the sleep from a technics code and band from a panasonic reciever.

I need to sit down an make a list of all of the functions like you said and see how many I actually have so far. I have been trying them and making notes but without much order. It looks like I have about 75% of them right now. I will spend some time tomorrow. It's getting late. Wink
SemperFi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: I got em all but Reply with quote

I found a setup in the audio that has all of the functions that I need. Well I had to add a couple to it from another. Anyhow I have all functions including one that isn't even the manual. Sleep function I stumbled onto trying out codes works.

Anyhow I have a problem that I don't know how I am going to get around. The unit has a setup menu and it requires the press of 2 buttons at the same time. Yesterday I didn't have the required functions. Today I have them but it seems the remote I have won't send them both. It preforms whichever one I press first. I can't get setup to come up. I have this on the 2104. I also have a 6131. I am wondering if it is the remote that won't send out both codes at the same time. I haven't tried the 6131 yet I am still trying to put my 2104 back together (my main unit). I trashed a couple of things the past couple of hours.

Anyhow I am trying to get to the setup menu to setup some preferences and I don't know what else to do. I have several remotes around the house. Do you think if I program 1 remote with one of the buttons and a 2nd remote with the other and use the learn function on a third remote and press the 1 and 2 remote at the same time? Would this work? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I am overlooking something any suggestions?

Well off to switch around some buttons and make a useful code. Oh yea I better get my tivo working again first. Priorities ya know. Wink
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I got em all but Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
The unit has a setup menu and it requires the press of 2 buttons at the same time. Yesterday I didn't have the required functions. Today I have them but it seems the remote I have won't send them both. It preforms whichever one I press first. I can't get setup to come up. I have this on the 2104. I also have a 6131. I am wondering if it is the remote that won't send out both codes at the same time ... I have several remotes around the house. Do you think if I program 1 remote with one of the buttons and a 2nd remote with the other and use the learn function on a third remote and press the 1 and 2 remote at the same time? Would this work? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I am overlooking something any suggestions?

My guess is that it is not sending out both signals, rather, the two buttons pressed together sends out a third signal. If the real remote hardware/design experts don't disagree with that analysis, how about taking your 2104 down to the Circuit City where you bought the system and learn the simultaneous key press from the floor model.

I believe this was one technique that the "other" Rob used to collect his Sony commands now at his very impressive website. If that doesn't work ask at the RC OFA or Pronto forums for someone to learn the command and send you the IR or Pronto file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: