JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7540 One For All Not Responding To JP1 Simple Interface
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pins 1-4 are on the right side of your image, the ones that are all joined together by the trace.
Tiku

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To become JP1 compatible URC-7540 needs JP1 header, EEPROM 24C16, J12 wire and capacitor C11 (0.1uF). Probbably it is the same for URC-7542.
BY benoitofa

Done everything Added Header,Eeprom,C11 Capacitor, also reset the eeprom with four flashes, but still not communication with IR804

I am wondering where did he saw J12 printed on the pcb which is supposed to be joined by a wire.
damir

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiku

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,damir i got my remote upgraded Silly Me, Now can any expert please tell me whether the new upgrade codes are saved in eeprom chip or processor I.C?, Can i remove the 24C16 Chip, because i want to use it in another model, or i will have to buy another chip?

One more thing i want to ask is that, If i upload New Code to any device button individually, Lets Say Device (DVD), then again if I programme new code in (SAT), so after uploading the new codes in the SAT Device, the previous (DVD) codes are not working, even its not recognized with MAGIC BUTTON when i type on the PAD, so i have to re-upload again both DVD & SAT Codes together then its working fine, what am i doing wrong that its not getting permanently saved in the remote?,now if in future i want to add new codes in the TV Button, then i will have to Re-Upload all the three files together otherwise the previous two DVD & SAT will be erased and i am left with only TV Code Working,Any Idea?.
Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EEPROM is a memory chip, and that is where the upgrades are stored. So each JP1 remote needs an EEPROM installed in order to add upgrades. Both IR.exe and RMIR overwrite all of E2 memory when you upload to the remote. So you need to include all three upgrades before uploading. If you want to add a third upgrade to the two you already have, thre are a couple of ways to do this.

1) (Best way) Use RMIR, and save a RMIR file whenever you make changes. Include notes. Then you can load a previously saved RMIR file, change the upgrades or macros, etc or add additional upgrades without losing your previous work.

2) (Also works) Download from your remote, and then edit/add, etc. The downside of this is you lose any notes made in your upgrades or the macros, keymoves, etc. Experienced users find that adding notes to your files is very helpful when some time has passed since you last worked on a given remote.
Tiku

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3FG, But eversince i did my first upgrade, i have been using IR.804
cause i had no success in communicating my remote with RMIR,
done everything as explained in the Tutorial, Given RDF Path, Maps and Images Path, even created shortcuts in Start > Programs > Remote Master,
but somehow its not communicating, dont know why? whether some driver problem or may be any missing DLL File which should be there in system32 folder, if you can help me out that would be great, here is the pic of RMIR connected with JP1 Serial Remote.Upload/Download Not Highlighted.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you start RMIR click Help/About. You should see something like:
Code:
RDFs loaded from C:\Remotes\RDFs
Images and Maps loaded from C:\Remotes\images
DecodeIR version 2.44
Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.19
JP1 USB version 0.031
JP1 Parallel version 0.02
System Properties:
java.version = "1.7.0_55"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 7"
os.arch = "x86"
Libraries loaded from C:\Remotes\2.02\Windows-x86
If it doesn't show
JP1.X Serial version 0.19
JP1 USB version 0.031
JP1 Parallel version 0.02
then you need to figure out how to get these files in the correct place. The file rmaster.err will tell you which folders RMIR is looking in. Post the file here in the Diagnosis Section.
Tiku

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think Decode IR 2.44 is missing see the pic

DecodeIR For RMIR Destination folder is defferent or what?

Because IR.8.04 Show Decode IR 2.44
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMIR screen shot shows that no DLLs were loaded. Additionally, it shows that the version is 2.02, which isn't the desired version, particularly for 64 bit Windows. You need version 2.02a. Please install that.
When it is installed you should see 7 subfolders. The subfolder called Windows-amd64 will contain the necessary DLLs. They are not located in a Windows system folder.

Once you've run RMIR, the main folder (the one which contains RemoteMaster.jar) will have a file called rmaster.err. If you have additional problems recognizing the remote, upload rmaster.err to the Diagnosis Area, an post a link here.
Tiku

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,3FG Installed version2.02a, everything is loaded fine, but remote still not communicating with RMIR. I get this message "No Remote Found" when i try to download from remote, there is no option of Check Interface in the menu of RMIR, where as its working fine with IR.8.04'
Just for info. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64,
but the about menu shows Windows Vista.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with version 2.02, you had downloaded the .zip distribution, which will use your Java. For 2.02a, for some reason you've switched to the Jet distribution, and I suspect that won't work because it runs its own Java. I guess I should have been more explicit. We need to get you to 64 bit DLLs. Please install the .zip version.

Also, please don't post again without including a link to your rmaster.err file.
Tiku

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have been more specific with noobs like me,uninstalled the Jet distribution and installed the zip version , but now RMIR.exe is not working its asking the paths of Maps and Rdf after double clicking on the icon, i have given the path which is my E Drive but nothing happens, it just changes the windows theme color after exe. and no display of RMIR Screen on the Monitor,now what to do? what about Windows-amd64 folder? it has two DLL File, it should be remained there or i have to copy them to any windows folder? mine is not amd64 its intelmotherboard with core2duo.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After uninstalling the Jet distribution, you shouldn't have any file called RMIR.exe or any other files with a .exe extension. Make sure that you run setup.vbs in order to register the shortcuts. If you like, you can instead start RMIR by double clicking remotemaster.jar. That's the actual program.

The Windows-amd64 should contain DecodeIR.dll and jp12serial.dll.. RMIR will look in these directories, so don't move these dlls. I have a Core 2 duo computer running 64 bits Win7, so I know RMIR works well with this hardware/OS. BTW, Microsoft uses the term amd64 to describe 64 bit architecture. That's because AMD actually developed the 64 bit instruction set, and Intel copied them.
Tiku

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before installing zip version i deleted all the registry of previous version so there is no trace of any .exe file, now about running the RMIR.exe from shortcut or from remotemaster.jar, the message on screen i am uploading in the sequence here

after clicking OK I get this:-

Its looking for MAPS in the Remote Master 2.02a Folder whereas the tutorial says that you select different folder for Maps and RDF.
I also tried to save MAPS in RemoteMaster folder & Click ok, but its not showing in there.
now when I click Cancel ,it says No RDF Found

and when press ok it also starts looking in RemoteMaster Folder.
Tiku

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i should scrap the idea of using RMIR, i'll better stay with IR8.04, because i just checked my PC with CoreTemp, This RMIR is killing my PC. when i select Maps & RDF it is not executing on the Monitor but something is trying very hard running in backgroung and my PC processor load shoots up to 100% and remains constantly there and the Temp goes to 63C & It also stucks there, so not to try hard and break its thrashhold, its a crap software someone should come forward & write new exe/dll & C++/.Net/Java in such a simple way that anyone can easily install in thier pc with any version of windows os and offcourse with all MAPS & RDF compressed in a single .exe software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: