JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bin for Best Buy Viva HD (Easy Home)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power-is fine
play-nothing
rewind-nothing
stop-channel back
fast foward-pause/play live tv
pause-skid channel foward for example it changes from channel 3 to 6
replay-nothing
skip-nothing
instant replay-nothing
record-nothing
quick skip-nothing
guide-nothing
menu-nothing
info-nothing
channel up-nothing
channel down-volume up
cursor up-nothing
cursor down-nothing
cursor left-nothing
cursor right-nothing
select/ok-nothing
page up-nothing
page down-pops up window saying no fav channels
exit-nothing
all the color buttons-nothing
1-pops up window for teletext
2-nothing
3-pops up window showing all the channels available and highlighted with the current channel viewing
4-pops up window of the channel with the description of current program and what to follow next
5-same as button 4
6-nothing
7-same as button 4 and 5
8-nothing
9-tv guide
last channel button-nothing
0-nothing
enter-nothing
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also im enclosing the link for the device.on the right click on manual and that will bring the manual book for the device.go to page 15 which will be in english.it will list all the functions of the remote.im not sure if it will help but at least to see what u can match up.thanks so much.

http://www.bestbuy-int.com/es/productos/consumer-products/digitaltv/detail/9-digital-tv/flypage|bestbuy/156-easy-home-dvb-t-hd-viva.html?sef=hcfp
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are looking for these buttons. This sure is a busy remote.

1. MUTE: Turns off the sound.
2. FAV: Displays your favorite channels list. Press FAV again to access to the other favorite lists.
3. SUBTITLE: Display subtitle options(availability depends on the channel).
4. <0>-<9>: Numeric keys.
5. MENU: isplay main menu on TV screen, and press again to disappear menu.
6. OK: To confirm current setting, or display all programs in no-menu mode.
7. EPG: Shows the Electronic Program Guide.
8. PgDn/ PgUp -: To navigate inside the menus.
9. VOL-/ VOL+: To increase / decrease volume.
10. REV/FWD: Fastbackward / Fastforward.
11. PREV/NEXT: Skip backward/Fast forward.
12. PLAY: Plays a file.
13. PAUSE/ TIMESHIFT: Pauses. If the unit has attached an USB device goes to Timeshift mode.
14. REC: Record button.
15- M/P: Adjusts the synchronization between the audio and the image of a video file.
16. ZOOM: Enlarges the picture.
17. ASPECT: Changes the screen aspect ratio setting.
18. POWER: Switch the receiver in and out of Standby mode.
19. TTX: Switch on Teletext, if current channel has this option, and use EXIT key to quit Teletext.
20. INFO: Display information about the current channel.
21. RECALL: Go back to the previous viewed channel.
22. LIST: Press this key to enter channel list.
23. EXIT: Use this key to quit current menu.
24. [DIRECTIONAL BUTTON]: Press to move the cursor.
25. SWAP: In media player mode switches between video playback, music, pictures or recordings.
26. CH-/CH+: Program changing keys.
27. AUDIO: Change the Audio language and Left/Right channel (availability depends on the channel).
28. STOP: Stops playback.
29. A-B Repeat: You can repeat a file segment from a user-defined point to another.
30. TV/RADIO: Switch between Digital Radio and DVB-T modes.
31. TIMER: Use to access ON/OFF timer directly.
32. V-FORMAT: Switch the HDMI 720P and 1080i

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes please.that would be awesome!!

thanks Smile
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, not a bad start. However, based on our previous dealings I don't trust you Very Happy

I'm not convinced you tested everything properly. For example you found Channel Down, but didn't mention that will also be the Down Arrow.

So what you must do now is look for each function in turn and make sure you have the TV set so that the function you are looking for is actually relevant. For example, to look for the arrow buttons you need to be in some sort of menu or the Guide. To look for the colour functions I assume you also need to be in the Guide ?

So do that and tell me if you find any other functions in that Code 55 remote. Then we can go searching for other codes
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ur asking me is gonna make me staying here all night.
u asked me for the commands for each button available and i gave u that list.Ouvisly u dont wanna help me.

look i pressed 9 button to bring the tv guide then pressed cursor up or cursor down and it doesnt do anything
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a technology geek and i have test every button available and what it does.Originally i only gave u the stop button as an example.

If you wanna do a bin file or whatever u have to do..ill truly appreciate it.If you dont wanna do it dont worry about it i'll deal with what i got now.I dont wanna go back and foward to find out that nothing is going to be done.Im not trying to be an ass but im just giving up.

mike
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, take a chill pill.

Sheesh, Alan is doing you a FAVOR.

Alan is an expert and goes the extra mile to get the job done. He is donating his time to help you. He's well on the road to getting the job done, and you are giving him attitude.

The back and forth issue here, is that YOU need to be the source of the information. And YOU need the results.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but its just fustrating especially when he says that he doesnt believe me.He has asked me for the list of all the commands of the current remote and i already provided.All day today i've been playing with the remote and it doesnt do more than what the functions that i mentioned on the list.

I dont know what else to do Sad
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if have upset you but I have previously wasted hours with other users who didn't test properly and I just wanted to make sure. And I am finding it increasingly frustrating working with you as you just don't volunteer information to help me. We now have an incredible 42 posts on your 2 threads just to get to this stage, and the majority of your posts are one-liners. It took me 3 attempts before you would even read the installation instructions. So please forgive my impatience.

Let me explain what we are trying to do. There are 255 possible codes for the buttons and so far you have identified about 10 of them. So now we have to work through the rest. So at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12410 I have uploaded a new remote that maps the unused codes between 0-70 (The Power button has the correct code so you know the installation has worked).

You haven't told me which of the 2 files works for you so I have included both RV & PL BIN files. So please run the same checks on ALL the buttons, including the 15 Custom buttons you get when you right-click on the remote image and select Custom. And let me know what functions you find.

I am sure we will get there in the end
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi alan

i wasnt upset just a little fustrated cause u were saying that u dont trust or believe me.You had asked me for the list of all the commands and i did then you wanted me to do it again like u didnt believe me.The remote control that it was in front of me i clicked one button at a time.I made sure i didnt missed one.

Sorry if i sound rude but like i said i was just fustrated cause i wasnt seeing an end.

I had thought u had given up on me but thanks for keep going.
Based on the recent bin the only decent button is the power button.Many no function at all except for like 5 (besides the power) that does something but it doesnt match the button and im not too worried on those functions.

All day today ive gone thru like 800 codes and another one had reaction.Under sattelite it was code 149.In there,the record button did the channel up function.In code 55 before the stop button did the channel back.Im only catching 4 channels from back home so i dont wanna waste too much of ur time so if u can do a bin with power,channel up and channel down i will be very happy.the other functions is not a big concern.Unless u one day find the actual codes for that type of device.

So...from code 55 if you can grab the code of stop and put it in the channel down and from code 149 of satellite the record button code put it as a channel up....im happy with that.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not easy to do, it takes me a long time to access the built-in remotes and if it uses a different protocol it can't be done anyway.

However, sorry to doubt you again, but just to make sure I put in a duplicate Code. Custom 15 in the 2011 BIN file sends Code 11 and you told me that in the 'Code 55' that pressing the number 9, which also sent Code 11, pulls up the TV Guide.

So that doesn't make sense. How do you explain that ?
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok what about making the buttons 1-4 when i click it...it actually goes to the proper channel.for example...if click on button 1 it goes to channel 1 and so on....if you can do that it will be great.can you?
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not concerned with the other functions.

cant you take the code from the stop button and assign it to channel down and grab the code from record and assign it to channel up?
mikeorfao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also,wd live tv remote doesnt have the channel up or channel down buttons.if you are able to make the channel up and down to work in a bin file please assign it to up/down arrow buttons.If you can just assign buttons 1-4 with the channel...like i said pressing 1 goes to 1 and so on ill be happy with that too.If you cant do either dont worry about it.Ill just juse code 149 from satellite and pressing record button to move the channels
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: