JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Windows Media Center plus Xbox 360 upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Windows Media Center plus Xbox 360 upgrade Reply with quote

I recently uploaded my Windows Media Center upgrade which has addition functions such as
Xbox Green/A, Blue/X, Yellow/Y and Red/B so that it can control an Xbox as a media center extender as well as a PC running WMC.
Note that “yellow/Y is the same function as WMC guide and red/B is the same as WMC live TV.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12315

After I uploaded it I noticed there was nothing labeled “.” (dot) for TV sub channels.
Using a Rosewill MCE remote that has a “*/.” button as well as a # (sharp) button I determined that the function labeled mouse is also “*/.” And the function labeled caps lock is also “#”.
I assigned the */./mouse function to an Insignia “-“ (dash) button and verified that it works for TV sub channels. I don’t know what “#” (sharp) is used for so I haven’t verified it.

The purpose of this upgrade is to make remote operation / user interface the same at the extender as it is at the PC.
After adding the “.” function everything I have tried at the extender works as expected.

At the PC I am using the LM remote key map to allow the following actions

The “print” function send an altF4 to the window with current focus
The “Green/A” function launches Beyond TV or restore Beyond TV if it is minimized
The “Blue/X” functions minimizes the window with current focus

These mappings are stored in a “profile” which is an XML file that can be opened and printed with Notepad.
LMremote will backup a profile to and restore a profile from a zip file.
This allows you to create your profile once and copy it to additional PCs.
If anyone is interested I could upload my profile (if the site rules permit this type of upload).

Is anyone else using Lmremotekeymap? It can do a lot of other things beyond what I currently use. Smile

I usually use the predefined functions recorded TV or Guide to start WMC. These will restore WMC if it is minimized.

I have been using an Xbox as a Media Center extender for less than I week so I am still learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: