JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 interface not working on Win7 with Port Replicator...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: JP1 interface not working on Win7 with Port Replicator... Reply with quote

Hi all, its been awhile since I've visited here so please excuse the "dumbness factor". I have a JP1 8910 remote that I've used since 2006 without a hitch. I used to be able to program the remote with IR using Windows XP. The JP1 cable I have is the simple parallel one. I recently upgraded to a newer laptop and Win7. Since doing this I can't communicate to the remote with the cable connected to the parallel port of the replicator. In looking over the site and google seems it might be driver related but I cant find anything specific for the replicator. The error I'm getting is "failed to open JP1.x interface" after selecting Interface>Check interface.

Remote 8910
OS Win7
JP1 cable simple parallel
additional info: IR version 8.03
Under "Interface" JP1 Serial or USB Serial is selected and I can't select any other types. The rest above are grayed out. I also tried to select "auto detect" but IR doesn't allow it. Keeps jumping back to JP1.x radio button.

If anyone can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
neals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, please disregard. I was able to get this going again by running IR as admin.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: